Search

US airways free checked bag?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:48 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
US airways free checked bag?

Hi all, I booked my first domestic US airways flight using my US Airways card from Barclays. However, on the flight confirmation page, it does not offer free checked bags for domestic flights, only Brazil/South America/Trans-Ocean. If I want to check a bag on my domestic flight, do I still have to pay $25 at check in?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Is the Dividend Miles account associated with the credit card in your reservation record? How long before you made the reservation was the credit-card account opened? Have you received your E-ticket yet for the reservation you made?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:27 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Is the Dividend Miles account associated with the credit card in your reservation record? How long before you made the reservation was the credit-card account opened? Have you received your E-ticket yet for the reservation you made?
Yes; 8 months; yes, and it says that it's $25 for first and $35 second checked bag for domestic flight.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by agp423
I booked my first domestic US airways flight using my US Airways card from Barclays. However, on the flight confirmation page, it does not offer free checked bags for domestic flights
I'm taking the above very literally. When you do online checkin, if your DM number is on the reservation, you'll have the opportunity to say that you are checking a bag, and the drop down price will be $0.

I've played with this because I was using my AA number and was seeing $25 for the fee, and I thought that was odd, so I switched it, and then I saw the $0, so I know it works.

What I'd like to know is if you do the DM number, and get your free bag, if you switch to AA, can you still check in the bag and not pay?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 7:07 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I will report back after I check in. I do remember that checked bag fee thing with AA being zero when checking in online.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
Are you talking about on the bottom of the email receipt where it talks about bags? If so, ignore it. I'm CP and it still reads that I'd have to pay for bags. according to the little pictures. As long as your account shows the DMS flag next to your name, you should be able to get you first bag checked free. Worst case if it gives you trouble during OLCI, bring the credit card with you to the airport.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:44 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by danohio
Are you talking about on the bottom of the email receipt where it talks about bags?
Yep, and at the bottom of the confirmation page right after booking. I will be bringing my card with me just in case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.