Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not allowed to bring cabin pet on domestic A330 flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold

Hi everyone -

I'm flying PHL - MIA - PHL on US 711/710 in Y in a little less than 2 weeks and want to bring a small dog (~8lbs) with me. Right now, 711 is assigned to a 757 and 710 is assigned to an A330-300. The CP agent I was connected to by the AA PLT desk said she could add a pet to the first segment (PHL-MIA on the 757) without a problem, but that she was getting an error when she tried to add a cabin pet to the MIA-PHL segment served by the A330.

The US pet guidelines seem to indicate that cabin pets are allowed on any domestic flight (provided they meet the other requirements), except in J/F on certain aircraft.

Any advice about what I should do? Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)

They limit the number of cabin pets on each flight. I would question if this might is the reason for the error message.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:11 am

Are you booked in FC or is it possible you are booked in a bulkhead seat on the 330 segment?

Number of pets allowed per flight
We allow up to 7 pets on each US Airways flight (with a maximum of 2 pets in First/Business Class) and up to 5 pets on each US Airways Express flight (with a maximum of 1 pet in First Class).

We cannot fit pets under the seats in First/Business Class on these aircraft: A330-200, A330-300, B767-200 and B757 ETOPS.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:16 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I think it might be tough to fit a carrier under the seats of an A330 with the entertainment unit there.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
@USAirways on Twitter to the rescue:

"This is a known issue. Reservations will need to verify that space is available, but will need to list the pet at the airport."

Not sure about the equipment boxes, but the carrier I use has soft sides and can collapse slightly (and is within the US size requirements), so I'm hopeful that it'll be fine for the few minutes it needs to stay under the seat during takeoff and landing.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by yoyoel
Not sure about the equipment boxes, but the carrier I use has soft sides and can collapse slightly (and is within the US size requirements), so I'm hopeful that it'll be fine for the few minutes it needs to stay under the seat during takeoff and landing.
cabin pets must remain in carrier, under seat, throughout flight
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:19 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA

I thought the cabin recent refurbs on the A330 eliminated those entertainment boxes under seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.