Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Can I use US DM# as an AA Advantage number when making an AS booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

I am very close to Gold Status in the US DM program. This will give me AA Saphire next year. I have an upcoming trip to FCA (Glacier Airport Montana) traveling from BOS.

As far as I can tell i can not find a way to get US credit for this trip. I was hoping there was a way to leverage AA, but I need the mileage in my DM account.

Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by upsidedown
As far as I can tell i can not find a way to get US credit for this trip.
That is correct. Use an AAdvantage elite number for (applicable) benefits and miles when flying AS-operated flights. Use a US DM number and get nothing.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:25 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
US and AS are not partners, and AS is not in OneWorld. So, there's no relationship between US <--> AS.

If you credit points to an AA account, they will a.) merge with your DM balance in Q2 next year and b.) combine with your DM miles to count towards your new program status next year.

So, if you don't need those points in your DM account for an upcoming award redemption, they won't be wasted by crediting them to an AA account.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to have Gold by January 1 as I have lots of travel planned in first part of year.

Originally Posted by PHL
US and AS are not partners, and AS is not in OneWorld. So, there's no relationship between US <--> AS.

If you credit points to an AA account, they will a.) merge with your DM balance in Q2 next year and b.) combine with your DM miles to count towards your new program status next year.

So, if you don't need those points in your DM account for an upcoming award redemption, they won't be wasted by crediting them to an AA account.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:25 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Can you extend the routing on the trip to include more AA segments?

BOS-DFW-SEA on AA (credited to US) and then a separate ticket on AS (credited to AA) is one option.

I guess if that doesn't work out, then you'd still make Gold (well, AA Platinum) on March 1 with the combined balances but that doesn't help you with upgrade opportunities in those few months before the programs start the merging process.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
I've been in the same boat this year and we're both SOL getting AS flights credited to USDM until the programs merge Q2.

You may need to do a MR or buy up to get your miles/status.

Last edited by Michael El; Oct 30, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.