Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip in Vain (PHX Active Shooter Sept 18th)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The flight wasn't delayed though; the passenger was delivered to the airport

Why should the airline be expected to take responsibility for things that occur after arrival

If you took a bus to the shops and found that the shop was closed due to a power outage when you got there, would you have any expectation that the bus company would take you back home for free and refund for the fare paid
It is more like the bus company took you from one station to the other and then you couldn't get out of their station. And then they told you tough luck, sucker, as they counted your money.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I've had only one Trip In Vain incident. Many years ago, was flying 9K BOS-ACK to appear in court down there. Circled the ACK airport a couple of times due to fog, then headed back to BOS. When we deplaned, they just handed us back our flight coupons. This was when electronic tickets (PTAs at that time) were the exception and nearly everyone was using paper tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.