Wiki Posts
Search

Cancel online or over phone

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Cancel online or over phone

I couldn't find any threads directly related to this. I need to straight up cancel 2 upcoming flights. Short of praying there is a major change to allow me to cancel is it better to cancel online or over the phone (or does it matter)? Yo understanding is that I receive credit for the trip less the $150 change fee? How do I get this credit?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I couldn't find any threads directly related to this. I need to straight up cancel 2 upcoming flights. Short of praying there is a major change to allow me to cancel is it better to cancel online or over the phone (or does it matter)? Yo understanding is that I receive credit for the trip less the $150 change fee? How do I get this credit?
For anything other than requesting a full refund when permitted (which must be done by phone), it makes no difference whether you cancel online or on the phone.

The PNR of your original trip will keep showing up in your account with the status of all segments showing as "Canceled". The value of the original fare remains attached to the PNR as credit which can be used for a new trip by selecting "Change my trip" when viewing the PNR.

At that point, you can use the credit toward the new fare, and a $200 change fee gets assessed at the time of rebooking. If your credit is worth more than the value of the new fare, you don't get the residual value back and the change fee cannot be taken from the value of the old fare (must be paid when booking the new trip). If your credit is worth less than the new fare, you pay the difference plus the change fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.