Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade/standby status video screens

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Upgrade/standby status video screens

Was in MSP last week on my normal flight and it looks like they've started using the video screens behind the gate counter to show upgrade and standby status. Looked like real information, though of course that's impossible to tell since I'd already cleared.

If this is the beginning of a system-wide rollout, it'd be much appreciated in my opinion!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Terminal F in PHL has been outfitted with AA style FIDS/GIDS, however I have not seen standby/upgrade lists on them yet. It will be easy enough to enable that when needed. Will be interesting to see if they switch to that format at the A gates, all of which have monitors already, and retiring the LED displays throughout B and C.

CLT would require similar upgrades through B and C gates. (have not been through CLT E in a while)
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:35 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Flew out of CLT B and E last week, same peg board displays as usual. The peg board displays in Concourses B and C can however display specific information about each flight, I have seen messages stating "Meals Available for Purchase", "First Class Full", etc...

Concourse D in CLT has tv screens at each gate, but because they are common use, they will likely never get an AA GIDS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.