Div. Miles Mastercard 30% Bonus Miles July - August

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham

Bump

Just got a targeted promo.
Spend $500 in each of July, Aug, Sept 2014 and get 5000 bonus miles.

6500 total miles for $1500 of spend in all. 4.3 mi/$.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by centrifuge41
Bump

Just got a targeted promo.
Spend $500 in each of July, Aug, Sept 2014 and get 5000 bonus miles.

6500 total miles for $1500 of spend in all. 4.3 mi/$.
Same, but my offer was 15k for 3x$500/mo spend.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Mine is "Earn 20% more miles on every purchase between July 1 and August 31 up to 10,000 miles"

Meh I'm getting 1,000 bonus likes for the first $1,000 in spend on the AA citi card. Enjoy everyone who got a nice offer this summer-mine was great last summer so no real complaints from me.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:57 pm

Got the same plus forex fees will be refunded. Sort of peculiar to me - a test run for elimination perhaps?
Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nall
Got the same plus forex fees will be refunded. Sort of peculiar to me - a test run for elimination perhaps?
In re: Forex - we can only hope! Luckily, I am taking an early August vacation overseas this year.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I've had my card since late 2011. I use it lightly, for US airfare purchases (maybe 5-10x/yr), for one monthly bill that doesn't accept my Amex, and occasionally for other smaller purchases.

Since I've had the card, I have never once received a bonus offer like the ones described in this thread. And once again, this go-round, nothing. I've checked my account online, and I am opted in to marketing messages. A secure message about this got only the generic reply :
"We offer bonuses or promotions to accounts we service; however, please note that not all customers will be eligible for this. Our records show that this promotional reward offer is not available on your account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If an offer should be available, we will notify you accordingly."

Any ideas? Am I just in the permanent control group?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 7:20 pm
Original Member

Just got a mailer from Barclays. Spend at least $2000 on the card during July and August, and get a 30% bonus on all miles, including US Airways purchases. No registration. Automatically enrolled. Up to a max of 10,000 bonus miles.

Also get reimbursed for ForEx fees for July and August (which won't do me any good since our next foreign excursion is Sept. Oct. ).

Should add, mailer indicates it is targeted.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:21 pm

Ditto

I received this offer as well. Others are reporting a 20% bonus with no minimum spend.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
How does one get "selected/targeted"? I did not seem to get one...
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
How does one get "selected/targeted"? I did not seem to get one...
Do some voodoo magic and pray to whatever diety you believe in. I have yet to be targeted for any promotion related to my US Mastercard.

On a more serious note, I think the promotions most often get targeted to people who are not using their card very much, or who had a history of heavy use but have scaled back (for example, not using the card anymore as soon as one hits the $25k spend for the 10k PQM).
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:43 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by gruss
Do some voodoo magic and pray to whatever diety you believe in. I have yet to be targeted for any promotion related to my US Mastercard.

On a more serious note, I think the promotions most often get targeted to people who are not using their card very much, or who had a history of heavy use but have scaled back (for example, not using the card anymore as soon as one hits the $25k spend for the 10k PQM).
That would be likely.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by gruss

I'm a regular/heavy user of my US MC, and I was targeted for this promotion, but only 20% bonus miles (still the same waiving of international fees).

It will actually work out well for me, as I'm spending about 2 weeks in Canada in August ^
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
I got a double miles offer for July and August. I am already past the 25k threshold on both cards FWIW.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by swag
I've had my card since late 2011. I use it lightly, for US airfare purchases (maybe 5-10x/yr), for one monthly bill that doesn't accept my Amex, and occasionally for other smaller purchases.

Since I've had the card, I have never once received a bonus offer like the ones described in this thread. And once again, this go-round, nothing. I've checked my account online, and I am opted in to marketing messages. A secure message about this got only the generic reply :
"We offer bonuses or promotions to accounts we service; however, please note that not all customers will be eligible for this. Our records show that this promotional reward offer is not available on your account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If an offer should be available, we will notify you accordingly."

Any ideas? Am I just in the permanent control group?
If it means anything, my purchasing habits on the card mirror yours, and i've never received a promo offer from Barclays. Perhaps we are just the control group?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by Djlawman
Just got a mailer from Barclays. Spend at least $2000 on the card during July and August, and get a 30% bonus on all miles, including US Airways purchases. No registration. Automatically enrolled. Up to a max of 10,000 bonus miles.

Also get reimbursed for ForEx fees for July and August (which won't do me any good since our next foreign excursion is Sept. Oct. ).

Should add, mailer indicates it is targeted.
Just to add a data point - I got the exact same offer on my card (except no mailer or email, I only know about it because it showed as a pop up when I logged in to my account online). This is the first targeted offer I've received from Barclays in the 15 months I've had the card. Perhaps not so coincidentally the offer comes after I haven't touched the card in about 55 days, whereas previously I was putting $2.5k of flights on the card monthly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.