Wiki Posts
Search

CLT-IAH Meal in F

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
CLT-IAH Meal in F

I the past this was too short for a meal service.

However US 2069 for example is listed at 2h48m which is just 3 minutes into the 2h45m meal service window and thus should have a meal. Yet web page doesn't list it.

Which time should we look at if not the time listed to determine?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:55 am

The cutoff is actually 1000 nautical miles, IIRC. That route is a bit over 900 each way.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why not just call US and ask? There are routes where they always did serve meals under the limit and presumably still will, even with the new parameters.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Typically US sets service per route, not per flight -- and there are CLT-IAH flights under 2:45.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:07 am

I'm flying this route in a few days (in F). Meal is listed as "none." Listed flight time: 2:46, but guess this may be irrelevant per above post. Will report back when I can.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
actually flying this route Saturday.

they have never served a meal this route pre-4/1 changes, and there is no meal listed this time.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Why not just call US and ask? There are routes where they always did serve meals under the limit and presumably still will, even with the new parameters.
Ask what?

Their answer is "no meal listed". I did email to CP email stating displeasure when flight is within the rule but no meal.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by iztok
Ask what?

Their answer is "no meal listed". I did email to CP email stating displeasure when flight is within the rule but no meal.
it's not within the rule. the rule is 1000 nautical miles. IAH-CLT is well under that, even if US decides to block time over 2:45.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sriegert
it's not within the rule. the rule is 1000 nautical miles. IAH-CLT is well under that, even if US decides to block time over 2:45.
On their website they say rule is 2:45.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:36 pm

i do this flight 1x or 2x week. never has been a meal, and i doubt they'll start one. While blocked time is 245 actual flight time rarely is over 2hrs.

Route is 913 miles.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

It wasn't a meal prior to April 1st as it was much longer time rule for meals. Yes I am aware that actual flight time is usually less than 2:48 listed. However my issue is with the fact that their own published rule doesn't match.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:08 pm

On their website they say rule is 2:45.

Flight times change on the same routes. @:-) Mileage is a better measure of mealtimes.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:12 pm

It wasn't a meal prior to April 1st as it was much longer time rule for meals. Yes I am aware that actual flight time is usually less than 2:48 listed. However my issue is with the fact that their own published rule doesn't match.
i was initially going to say "it's 5 minutes over, so what." but now i'm thinking, if i paid for F, i would be upset if i expected a meal and didn't receive it. why can't US post the 1000 Nm rule on .bomb?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sriegert
Flight times change on the same routes. @:-) Mileage is a better measure of mealtimes.
Yes, I agree. So maybe they should fix that and post mileage instead of times.

Either way, it should be fixed one way or the other. Offer meals on flights that are clocked within the window they claim or fix so it is mileage based.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Currently on this route right now. Can confirm that the "meal" consists of the snack basket plus a selection of cold sandwiches (turkey cheese or vegetarian) and bananas. Nothing to write home about, but a little step up from what was offered prior to April 1st. The FA described the enhanced service to me, including the addition of glassware in F, as "putting lipstick on a pig". She has a point. An actual meal would be raising the bar to a new level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.