Wiki Posts
Search

US upgrades to domestic Envoy?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA

Are elites eligible for complimentary upgrades to Envoy class on domestic routes operated by USAIR A330s?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Not sure what you're looking for. Do you have the specific domestic Envoy route to which you're referring?

Generally speaking, J is for international and there are no complimentary UG's per se. Domestic it's F and the US complimentary UG system for elites would apply.

Details would be helpful.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
There is an A330-200 loaded in the schedule for March between CLT and PHX
Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
As Often1 said, domestically that'd be treated as F and elite upgrades would apply (though maybe hard to get as hub-to-hub).
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
Yes you can get complimentary upgrades on A330's that are non trans atlantic or to brazil.

My wife and I were recently upgraded on our flight phl-sju on an A330.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
But, do not make the mistake of believing that you will receive J service. Yes, nicer to get the freebie F elite UG than in a standard bird, but the snack basket or what passes for a meal won't be any different from a 319 to a 320 to a 330.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: US CP and 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; MARRIOTT PLAT
Yes I was upgraded on a an A330 to Cancun last week... nice seats but all you get is the snack basket and a LOT more room, and a plug for your computer, and two bathrooms near first class.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:05 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA

And no on-demand A/V.... Yes, people have reported that crews sometimes turn it on but this Is an exception to the policy since US pays licensing/royalties for every showing and therefore made the business decision to not run IFE on any intra North America routes.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:57 pm

Does US differentiate service for elite upgrades versus paid passengers? That is, snack basket for elite upgrades but meals for paid?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: None
There's no differentiation.

Jim
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: US Chairman, M&M FTL
Originally Posted by djibouti
Does US differentiate service for elite upgrades versus paid passengers? That is, snack basket for elite upgrades but meals for paid?
No. If you are in the cabin, it does not matter if you paid for your seat or got upgraded - you get the same service.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Why on earth would they do that?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Does this happen on other airlines?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I don't think the FA even knows who paid, who upgraded with status, and who used miles.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
I did once get upgraded on Lufthansa to business class, and was told that while I could sit in the business class seat, I was not entitled to the breakfast they served the others in that class and they'd only give me the coach meal. So, while US Airways doesn't do this, Lufthansa (and possibly others) do, so it is a valid question for someone to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.