Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

do you really get 9000 miles for joining the US Airways Vinesse wine club?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Got the email from US AIrways and clicked on the link which says:

"And now you can collect 9,000 miles as you savor hand-selected shipments of limited-production wines. Your first shipment of 12 wines is $79.99 (that's 50% off) with only 1˘ shipping."

Do they credit you 9000 miles for just making the initial purchase of $80? Sounds a little fishy to me. What if I receive the $80 shipment and cancel the membership? Do I still get the 9000 miles? I called their 800 number and spoke to a very nice lady, but she was about as vague as a used car salesperson talking about a "mint condition" car with 250,000 miles on it.

Has anyone joined an actually gotten their US Airways miles? If so, how long did it take for the miles to arrive?

Last edited by MetricFlyer; Nov 20, 2013 at 8:43 am
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by MetricFlyer

Got the email from US AIrways and clicked on the link which says:

"And now you can collect 9,000 miles as you savor hand-selected shipments of limited-production wines. Your first shipment of 12 wines is $79.99 (that's 50% off) with only 1˘ shipping."

Do they credit you 9000 miles for just making the initial purchase of $80? Sounds a little fishy to me. What if I receive the $80 shipment and cancel the membership? Do I still get the 9000 miles?

Has anyone joined an actually gotten their US Airways miles? If so, how long did it take for the miles to arrive?
I was just about to start this exact same thread.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
And now you have me (and hundreds of other FTers awaiting the answer.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apeortdz
And now you have me (and hundreds of other FTers awaiting the answer.
Another question I forgot to ask: are these wines drinkable? or do they
taste like sewer water? (not that I know what sewer water tastes like )
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium
It seems like you get 1,500 miles per shipment - with 1 shipment coming every 2 months, so you need to take 6 cases in order to get the 9,000 miles. I can't find the wines anywhere to purchase other than Vinesse, so it's difficult to know whether they are a good deal or not.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Their ain't no Free Lunches.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
http://heelsfirsttravel.boardingarea...es-isnt-worth/

A few of the bottles tasted ok, and many did not, but boy did I have some of the worst hangovers the morning after sharing a bottle. It might just be that I’m extra sensitive to certain chemicals in the wine, but it was rough enough that I wouldn’t recommend them.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

thanks! I guess the conclusion is that these wines are just slightly
better than sewer water.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:05 pm

I booked through UA couple years ago. the wine is OK, but you dont get 9000 miles just by one shipment, I think you have to order the minimum cases. and later on the shipping fee are very expensive, like 40 bucks!!! not a good deal unless you always buy wine online not in the store.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cubachao
I booked through UA couple years ago. the wine is OK, but you dont get 9000 miles just by one shipment, I think you have to order the minimum cases. and later on the shipping fee are very expensive, like 40 bucks!!! not a good deal unless you always buy wine online not in the store.
okay... I'll hold out until they introduce a Dom Pérignon Champange Club.
Perhaps 40,000 miles for an introductory case of Dom?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:20 pm

Another thing about the Vinesse club and all the subsidiaries (American Cellars, etc). They say they offer 100% satisfaction or you get a refund or replacement shipment. No refund. When I asked, they refused, even when I pointed out it was on their web page. They said it was a mistake. You're stuck with what ever wine they get cheap. Some turn out ok, others undrinkable. For the first time in my life, I poured wine down the drain - 3 bottles!!! The only choice I had was replacement - that was my second shipment, and it cost $60, including shipping. (I did it for hotel points, and I did get the points after I paid for the second shipment. 10,000 La Quinta that I wanted for a particular trip. Would have been cheaper to buy the points.).
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Will there be a problem if the name in the order doesn't match the one in the frequent flyer number? I want to send the intro shipment to someone else as a gift.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.