Search

Award ticket with hidden city

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: free agent
Award ticket with hidden city

OK, here's the deal.

Mrs AT and I are flying PHL-(PHX)-PDX outbound, returning PDX-(PHX)-PHL over Thanksgiving.
We're on one award PNR, F all the way.

I just found out that I need to be somewhere else the day after the return, whereby it makes the most sense for me to not fly the last PHX-PHL leg, but instead to buy a new ticket, originating in PHX.

A few questions:

1. Will the fact that I'm not on the last leg matter? Is this considered a hidden city even though it's an award ticket?

2. Should I split the PNR? Can you split the PNR on award tickets? I've never heard of it.

I don't particularly want to fly all the way back to PHL in order to fly half way across the country again the same morning.

Thoughts?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
It's not hidden city because you are abandoning the last segment without the purpose to avoid fare rules or get a lower fare ( open jaw would cost the same amount of miles ). You can simply skip the last segment.

But a better option would be to call the CS, ask them to split PNR, remove PHX-PHL segment, and add PHX-XXX segment ( if XXX is in the US or Canadia ) so that you wouldn't have to pay for a separate ticket.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:30 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
I'm not sure if US does this, but I know some airlines do.

If you are on the award ticket PHX-PDX and then you book PHX-XXX for the same time they may cancel it because you can't possibly be on two flights at the same time and the system knows this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.