Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seriously??? 8 vodka minis served by FC FA to one Passenger?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: US Gold Starwoods Platinum Marriott Silver Hyatt Gold Hertz Presidents Circle
I congratulate the passenger for getting that quality of service from the FA
Bodes well for future flights
Cheers
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA GS
This is the kind of thread I've been missing over at the United board the last few years...
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:24 pm

I plan on beating that record on my next TATL flight, should be fun, if nothing else.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Wrend1
I plan on beating that record on my next TATL flight, should be fun, if nothing else.
Per hour or total consumption?

Beware the original poster will be watching. Perhaps the OP is sort of like Judy on "Leave it to Beaver." Oh, Miss Landers...

Oh well.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by rankourabu
yes, but thats my business as well

If I am getting picked up, I am going to enjoy as many or as few drinks as I feel like, I dont need someone on board playing alcohol cop, mind your own business.

Obviously in the story, the dude with 8 shots wasnt driving. Let him enjoy his drinks. He's the one with a possible headache later, not you
lets hope he does not mow you or your family down in the rental car lot.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
And I felt guilty about 3 "bottles" of "wine" in economy on a TPAC flight.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by clemsonfn
You don't assume someone is not driving when serving alchol. You assume they are.

You should not be writing in the second person when you should be writing in the first person only.

This should read: "I don't assume someone is not driving when serving alcohol. I assume they are."

BTW, people buy bottles of vodka at liquor stores every day. What's to stop those customers from opening the bottle in the parking lot and taking a few gulps? Nothing.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:22 pm

some people just can drink, you cant do anything
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Eight minis in an hour is not responsible social drinking. I would not want to be seated next to that pax and would expect the FA to exercise better judgment.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Kacee
Eight minis in an hour is not responsible social drinking. I would not want to be seated next to that pax and would expect the FA to exercise better judgment.

And if they were doing anything to irritate you that would be reasonable. If your pique was simply that they were drinking that much than it's your problem.

Why should you place your view of 'responsible' drinking on someone else when they aren't annoying anyone else?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 3:54 am

Wow! That is quite a lot. But what is the substantive offensive conduct? Just the facts. I will have the officers from Dragnet look at this.

I am lucky if I can get one drink per hour.

If I am not driving, I like to have a few drinks on the flight. The problem I see with a single person having so many drinks, is that there is nothing left for anyone else. I have been on a few flights where the multi-stop flight was only catered for liquor at the origination. So the flight ran out of liquor after 2 1/2 hours in the air.

Unless the individual impacted me, I would just shrug it off. Sure, it would have made my blood pressure go up, but if the person was not otherwise bothering me, I would have just pressed for a second drink to calm me down.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 4:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BF263533
Unless the individual impacted me, I would just shrug it off. Sure, it would have made my blood pressure go up, but if the person was not otherwise bothering me, I would have just pressed for a second drink to calm me down.
Similar to what I said above, is 8 in ~60 minutes a lot? Yes (and I can drink quite a bit...). But I probably wouldn't have said anything unless the passenger was bothering me.

Once I was on an early morning PHL-SFO flight where the guy next to me was ripping Jack Daniels doubles the entire flight. He must have had 12-14 minis during the flight starting at 8am. I noticed and thought it was odd to drink that much, that early in the morning, but he didn't bother me, so I didn't really care. That is, until he got on the rental car train at SFO with me... I made sure I got the heck out of there before that guy got his rental car.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:22 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by tacostuff
Quote:

Originally Posted by BF263533

... but he didn't bother me, so I didn't really care. That is, until he got on the rental car train at SFO with me... I made sure I got the heck out of there before that guy got his rental car.
This is where I think we have a social responsibility. You witnessed him drink an excessive amount, and then saw him head for a rental car. I might have quietly advised the rental agent or manager of what was witnessed.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by PHL
This is where I think we have a social responsibility. You witnessed him drink an excessive amount, and then saw him head for a rental car. I might have quietly advised the rental agent or manager of what was witnessed.
I'd suspect that a pax drinking more than few bourbons would begin to smell like bourbon. If 12-14 had indeed been consumed the individual in question would reek of alcohol.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PHL
Without agreeing or disagreeing, where do we draw the line? The general trend in this thread is "mind your own business." If I had a social responsbility to say something to the rental car counter, then isn't it at least ok for the OP to quietly mention to the FA that the pax may have been overserved? In both situations no one can say for sure whether the pax is going to drive drunk (since neither the OP or I actually saw the pax get into car).

Last edited by tacostuff; Oct 28, 2013 at 7:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.