Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Club PHX B Gate Closure (re-opening 3/18/14)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2013, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
US Airways Club PHX B Gate Closure (re-opening 3/18/14)

B-gate club closed for remodeling for next 3 months. A-gate US Airways Clubs still open.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I'm actually quite pleased to hear this. That club was in serious need of a refresh. ^

Now if only we could get them to work on LAX and some new furniture in DCA C.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:12 am

US Airways Club PHX 4B

I noticed that as of October 24th the US Airways Club PHX 4B is closed for 3-4 months. Are they renovating the club? What new features will the Club Have?

Please tell me what they are doing. Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:25 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Cool Quote From The US Airways Website...

"Concourse B club in Phoenix closed for renovations
Our club in concourse B at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is closed while we work to bring you a completely renovated and modern club. The new club is scheduled to open in early 2014. Our other club locations in concourse A are open".

Funny part is that by the time it re opens, could be called the Admirals Club!!!!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: Free Agent
I have nearly 4 hours in PHX on Wednesday and a day pass to burn. I've never been to a club in PHX - recommendations? Or save it for CLT or PHL in the future and just go into the city? Thoughts?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
PHX CLUBS

Originally Posted by PBIGuy
I have nearly 4 hours in PHX on Wednesday and a day pass to burn. I've never been to a club in PHX - recommendations? Or save it for CLT or PHL in the future and just go into the city? Thoughts?
In Terminal 4, US Air has two clubs at the "A" gates.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by PBIGuy
For 4 hours, I'd leave the airport and go into Tempe for a nice lunch/dinner. There's much more info over in our PHX Guide thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...x-airport.html

If you shoot me a PM with your details, perhaps I'd even meet you.

I wouldn't waste a club pass at either of the PHX clubs, unless perhaps you run into weather or other irregular operations issues and need an agent, and the normal people are full. Heck, even then I'd probably just exit security and find an agent at the check in area.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
"Concourse B club in Phoenix closed for renovations
Our club in concourse B at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is closed while we work to bring you a completely renovated and modern club. The new club is scheduled to open in early 2014. Our other club locations in concourse A are open".

Funny part is that by the time it re opens, could be called the Admirals Club!!!!
Do you think the Admirals Club will accept Priority Pass? Some of the Admirals Clubs do so it would be cool if all Admirals Club allowed Priority Pass.

As I recall the Admirals club offers complimentary House Liquor, Wine and Beer.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by danielonn
Do you think the Admirals Club will accept Priority Pass? Some of the Admirals Clubs do so it would be cool if all Admirals Club allowed Priority Pass.

I don't see the PHX AA Club on the Priority Pass guide unfortunately.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by phlwookie
No but when they do merge AA and US Airways will they add the Admirals Club to Prioirty Pass as some AA Admirals Clubs are part of Prioirty Pass overseas.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
No but when they do merge AA and US Airways will they add the Admirals Club to Prioirty Pass as some AA Admirals Clubs are part of Prioirty Pass overseas.
While that's certainly possible, this is one of the many, many merger details that haven't been announced as yet, nor the effective date of whatever the decision turns out to be. There are numerous statements suggesting that this will work itself out in the first half of 2014, but for now using PP I'd assume you need to use the existing US club.

Just noticed - for some reason at PHX, PP only gets you in the Concourse 4B club and not the A clubs. I have no idea why, or if one of the A clubs will accommodate Priority Pass members during the renovations.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA PRO
Originally Posted by phlwookie
Quote:

Just as a quick side note, there is no Admiral's Club in PHX. Also, AA operates out of Terminal 3 and US from Terminal 4, which are not linked airside - only a bus outside security.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
What cracks me up is there are three signs on the gate level telling people that the B club is closed (one on each side of the elevator and one at the base of the stairs - and these are 5 foot tall signs, hard to miss).

Yet the other day I was on the mezzanine level and couple of guys come off the elevator and walk up to the door of the club, moves the sign that was right in front of the door saying it's closed and tries to open it. Then they knock, nothing. So then they move the sign again (when they moved it they blocked the button you normally push to gain entry). Then they try looking through the glass bookcase thinking it's a window (moving the sign yet a third time). Finally after all of that his buddy points to the sign and they both read it and storm off all mad!
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime PLT
Any Update

I noticed that the AA Admirals Club / U.S. Air Club website still says this cub is closed for renovations, but from this thread it seems like it should be open by now (3-4 months from October). Anyone been here recently and have an update?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by SfoDtwFlr
I noticed that the AA Admirals Club / U.S. Air Club website still says this cub is closed for renovations, but from this thread it seems like it should be open by now (3-4 months from October). Anyone been here recently and have an update?
Still closed, haven't walked by to check on exact status though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.