FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   100% Share Miles Bonus Returns - through Oct. 15, 2013 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1508224-100-share-miles-bonus-returns-through-oct-15-2013-a.html)

miffSC Sep 30, 2013 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by frankpark9 (Post 21532875)
anyone know if sharing miles back and forth is breaking the T&C? last time i shared with a few friends back and forth and our account was in audit for 6 months. i just got my account reinstated. not sure if i want to risk doing it again. any suggestions?

I think the key words here are 'few friends' and 'back and forth' - as long as you keep the number of shares minimal you shouldn't have a problem.

lacuadra Sep 30, 2013 11:30 pm

100% Bonus Miles (share) through 10/31/12

I have 135k miles my partner 0

Question. What is a safe date to initiate the transfer if the date of creation is 10/01/2013?
The 13 or 14th?

And can I pay both my partner's and then my transaction with my CC?

zainman Oct 1, 2013 12:39 am

Question:

need to redeem 4 x J awards from MEL to Europe (either MXP or IST) next year.

Currently have two accounts one for myself and for my partner. We have shared 50K each to each other already and now sit at 150K and 166K respectively.

Have created two new accounts for the people that will be joining us making a total of 4. They have 0 miles atm.

What is the best strategy to get to a total of 480K (required number of miles for 4xJ awards). Want to obviously keep the cost at a minimum. Can wait for the Buy 1 get 2 promo if it happens next month maybe?

Any ideas are appreciated!

DHalltheway Oct 1, 2013 1:39 am

Originally Posted by zainman (Post 21533121)
Question:

need to redeem 4 x J awards from MEL to Europe (either MXP or IST) next year.

Currently have two accounts one for myself and for my partner. We have shared 50K each to each other already and now sit at 150K and 166K respectively.

Have created two new accounts for the people that will be joining us making a total of 4. They have 0 miles atm.

What is the best strategy to get to a total of 480K (required number of miles for 4xJ awards). Want to obviously keep the cost at a minimum. Can wait for the Buy 1 get 2 promo if it happens next month maybe?

Any ideas are appreciated!

You have to bear in mind the change date over to OW is scheduled to be end of this year. So the number of miles you may need to IST may change at that time to the AA mileage chart.

gottaluvNW Oct 1, 2013 2:19 am

Folks, remember that the move to One World is around the corner. I would advise only sharing miles that you know will be used within the next 45 days!

frankpark9 Oct 1, 2013 3:38 am

we dont even know if the merger is happening for sure yet

RTW1 Oct 1, 2013 3:54 am

Exactly... all dates are made up, nobody knows. And even then there is no clear time-lime when the FFP's will merge and what the impact will be on your (US) miles.
So know what you're risking buying speculative, but don't believe all the other nonsense.

kimmielou01 Oct 1, 2013 6:33 am

I had 60K, hubby had 45K - I shared 50K, he then had 145K, leaving me with 10K, he then shared 45K, leaving us both with 100K - worked like a dream!

burmans Oct 1, 2013 7:04 am

Originally Posted by frankpark9 (Post 21532875)
anyone know if sharing miles back and forth is breaking the T&C? last time i shared with a few friends back and forth and our account was in audit for 6 months. i just got my account reinstated. not sure if i want to risk doing it again. any suggestions?

Have you actually read the T&C's, they are only about 1/2 a page long.!

As noted the main issue would be if they thought you had made up accounts and were doing this for profit. You are of course limited in each account by the 50K bonus limitation. However if you are legitimately sharing between family and friends it would be pretty scummy of US to suggest you can't do this when this is pretty much exactly what the promo is about! I'm my case I'm going to genuinely keep it within family (wife, 2 kids, my 2 sisters and my mother-in-law) and think this is 100% with T&C's.

lksf Oct 1, 2013 7:24 am

For me the main question is whether or not, and if so, when are they merging with AAdvantage.

For me, the USAir miles are not that worthy, but if it will merge at a later point with my american account...whooohoooo

RTW1 Oct 1, 2013 7:36 am

Live dangerously... fly with *A, some of the airlines might surprise you :-).

jeelele Oct 1, 2013 7:40 am

Transfer out limit?

I tried to find an answer but couldn't locate it, even on US Airways' website. Is there a limit on how many miles can be transferred out from a SINGLE account for this promo?

Example:

A = 100K.
B = 0
C = 0

Can we transfer 50K each out of account A to B and C, with the final result being:

A = 0K
B = 100K
C = 100K

Would appreciate some insights. Thanks!

RTW1 Oct 1, 2013 7:44 am

No limit.... all the miles you have, what's limited is the bonus for the recipient.
You could even transfer back to A to get another bonus.

jeelele Oct 1, 2013 7:57 am

Originally Posted by RTW1 (Post 21534396)
No limit.... all the miles you have, what's limited is the bonus for the recipient.
You could even transfer back to A to get another bonus.

Thank you, appreciate your prompt response.

yuel Oct 1, 2013 8:52 am

Originally Posted by lksf (Post 21534260)
For me the main question is whether or not, and if so, when are they merging with AAdvantage.

For me, the USAir miles are not that worthy, but if it will merge at a later point with my american account...whooohoooo

Exactly, its a win/win, if I use the miles before the merger, whenever that may be, it would work out great for me, and if I dont use the miles and then it becomes AAdvantage, that would work out even better for me