FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   100% Share Miles Bonus Returns - through Oct. 15, 2013 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1508224-100-share-miles-bonus-returns-through-oct-15-2013-a.html)

Coolers Oct 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by kevinwangjk (Post 21607386)
No. What you can do is call them after it posts on your account, and do a dispute. It is disputable because US Airways would not cancel the transaction, but I'm not sure what they would do to the miles you shared.

You're going to dispute a non-refundable mile purchase because it wasn't processed soon enough for your liking despite the fact that there is no time guarantee? Good luck with that :rolleyes:

kevinwangjk Oct 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Coolers (Post 21607400)
You're going to dispute a non-refundable mile purchase because it wasn't processed soon enough for your liking despite the fact that there is no time guarantee? Good luck with that :rolleyes:

I knew someone's gonna say this...

I said he "can" do it. Can he not? Did I say I'm going to do it? I'm just providing an answer to a question.

I called my CC company this morning and asked them if they could cancel the transaction since it was not completed. They said no, but I could dispute it if I choose to.

Edit:
Just read the T&C again. Nowhere did it mention there could be a delay in processing the transaction. If there might be a delay for an online purchase, you would expect the T&C to say something like "might take up to 3 days blah blah". Otherwise you would think it's available immediately. Imagine every time you buy an item from Amazon.com, it's non-refundable and you never know when the item is going to be shipped until you pay for it...

souvenir Oct 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Coolers (Post 21607400)

I know that's naive, :) I was whining since apparently us airways has no clue of these miles sharing transactions. I was suggested by customer support that the transaction did not go through, the credit card holding will be released and I shall go ahead to re-submit the request to sharing miles. :eek:

burmans Oct 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 21606999)
I'm pretty sure they changed the promo and the T&C:

see my post: http://boardingarea.com/canadiankilo...are-promotion/

this is seriously annoying.
i'm tweeting them because i want an explanation and I would suggest that if you have an interest in knowing you would too.

They did change the T&C's no doubt, I googled and some sites had the original, Loyaly Lobby was one.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/09/30/u...-1-cents-each/

Coolers Oct 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by souvenir (Post 21607520)
I know that's naive, :) I was whining since apparently us airways has no clue of these miles sharing transactions. I was suggested by customer support that the transaction did not go through, the credit card holding will be released and I shall go ahead to re-submit the request to sharing miles. :eek:

Did you see a confirmation after you processed the transaction? If so, don't worry about it - your miles will post but probably not soon enough for your second transaction. This is based on my experience with 5+ such delays this time and also last year.

I would not re-process the transaction lest you be charged again and not receive any bonus. US agents probably have no record of it because the miles transfer is handled by Points.com. You may want to live chat Points.com tomorrow to see if they can expedite the transfer.

souvenir Oct 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Coolers (Post 21607632)
Did you see a confirmation after you processed the transaction? If so, don't worry about it - your miles will post but probably not soon enough for your second transaction. This is based on my experience with 5+ such delays this time and also last year.

I would not re-process the transaction lest you be charged again and not receive any bonus. US agents probably have no record of it because the miles transfer is handled by Points.com. You may want to live chat Points.com tomorrow to see if they can expedite the transfer.

Thanks! I did go to the last step and there was some transaction number but I forgot to write it down :mad:

leixusam Oct 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Another data point:

- new account created 9/30
- transferred from old to new yesterday 8pm ish
- cleared just within the last 3 hours

Richklhs Oct 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Worth it? I only have 5k us miles to start. All 3 of our accounts have been open 3+ years

A - B 5,000
B - A 10,000
A - C 20,000
C - A 40,000
A - B 45,000 (because B already received 5000 of the 50,000 max)

Left with A - 35,000 and B - 90,000 for $1250.

A and B accounts are mine and my wife's so I need all the miles to end there. This is the most I could get with only 3 accounts to end with the most in one account. Should I?

Coolers Oct 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Richklhs (Post 21607763)
Worth it? I only have 5k us miles to start. All 3 of our accounts have been open 3+ years

A - B 5,000
B - A 10,000
A - C 20,000
C - A 40,000
A - B 45,000 (because B already received 5000 of the 50,000 max)

Left with A - 35,000 and B - 90,000 for $1250.

A and B accounts are mine and my wife's so I need all the miles to end there. This is the most I could get with only 3 accounts to end with the most in one account. Should I?

You'd be paying an extra $100+ in transaction fees but yes, still worth it IMO. A better option would be to trade Chase UR or Amex MR in exchange for a share of 50k into C, which could then share 50k each to A and B. That way, you'd have two decent balances for you and your wife to travel in style together.

travelislife Oct 14, 2013 7:06 pm

100% Share Miles Bonus Returns - through Oct. 15, 2013

If when you agreed to the transaction there was bonus miles shown I wouldn't worry if they post after the 15th should all be good as you knowingly paid for including the bonus.

souvenir Oct 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by travelislife (Post 21607830)
If when you agreed to the transaction there was bonus miles shown I wouldn't worry if they post after the 15th should all be good as you knowingly paid for including the bonus.

Guess some people such as me are waiting for the first transaction miles to post before the deadline so that we will be able transfer the miles back with a second transaction. Risky move for sure....

dsquared37 Oct 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Today did the following trades:

A->B
B->A

C->D
D->C

The odd thing was each of us got hit by the 7.5% tax even though we're NY State residents.... anyone else get this?

MMSB01 Oct 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Old to New After 18 Hours

Last night I attempted to transfer from an old account to 2 new accounts. I used two different cards, both returned "pending" results after transaction but authorizations were placed on the cards.

I have been checking every hour or so and the miles have now moved out of my account and into theirs. However, there have been no email confirmations.

Both new accounts were opened on the 1st of October.

The peculiar part though, I transferred from and old to old several days ago with instant results and saw the pending charge on my card. As of yesterday, the pending charge has vanished (miles stayed). I assume it will come back at some point (couldn't be that lucky).

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Oct 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 21607886)
Today did the following trades:

A->B
B->A

C->D
D->C

The odd thing was each of us got hit by the 7.5% tax even though we're NY State residents.... anyone else get this?

the standard is 7.5% worldwide.

resonance Oct 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Just another data point.
Shared miles between three old accounts tonight

A->B, B->C, C->A

Points all posted immediately.