Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: Redeem at least 20K miles, get 25-50% back

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i wish i get targeted. planning to get a US/North Asia J ticket within the promotion time frame.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Tiki
The email used to send the promo is the same one that in the past has sent me balance transfer offers. It's originating from Barclays. I'd like to know how they track who gets the bonus miles.
And this is the response from Barclay's via Twitter:

We appreciate the feedback. This is a US Airways promo and we are not involved. I will forward your comments for review.

It sounds a little short, but she really wasn't. I just copied this out of what was a longer reply about another issue as well.

So it is US Airways... and still feel that letters to Marketing should be written.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Does anyone know how the miles back works, is only 50% of the miles deducted, is it placed back in your acct at some point?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: HHonors: Diamond. US Dividend Miles: Gold. Hertz: President's Circle
Would love to know more information about this promo even if I'm not included.

I am US Gold, about to re-qualify for gold, have nearly 200k miles and have the mastercard and didn't receive this promo or any of the other recent credit card related ones.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
sent barclays a message, they said the promotion is offered by US Air.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
sent barclays a message, they said the promotion is offered by US Air.
intresting, as the email came from barclays, and in the fine print says to contact them with any questions through the mc message center, which i did and they answered.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 3:17 pm

Question:
Does anyone know if I need to travel by myself in order to to get the 50% back or I can book for someone else and get the bonus as well?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Belllaaa
I got 50% offer, never got the 15k for spent $750 for three month.
My wife nothing now, she got yhe 15k for spent $750 for three month.
Maybe has to do one with another?
Originally Posted by PhateX1337
Don't think so - I got 15k for $750 and just got 50% off as well. N Asia in J for 60k here I come
Actually I made a mistake and it was the opposite, I got the 15k and the 50% bonus offer, my wife got zero.
Was my 2nd us cc and my wife first us cc.
Go figure.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Belllaaa
Question:
Does anyone know if I need to travel by myself in order to to get the 50% back or I can book for someone else and get the bonus as well?
It just says redeem, this seems to be a pretty open promo. So I would believe reading the tc it doesn't matter who travels just that the miles get redeemed but would love some clarification.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:44 pm

Just booked two to E Asia with Europe stop-over in business for 90k each, would love to get 30k x2 back. Nada on the promo front, did everyone get this offer on the first or is it a roll-out? I have no status, had 40k in two accounts as of yesterday.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:36 am

So, to add to the confusion here (or maybe I'm just confused on whether it's targeted!), here's my exchange w/Barclays via secure messaging:

Me: "Hi - I heard someone referring to a discount (I think 25%) on reward flights for cardholders. Do I need to register for this promotion and where would I do that? Thank you."

Barclay CS: "Thank you for contacting us regarding your US Airways Dividend Miles World MasterCard.

You may be referring to one of your benefit on the account, which is the 5,000 Mile Award Discount. With this benefit, you will get a 5,000 mile redemption discount off of each Eligible Award Ticket. Discount will not show on your credit card account. You must spend $25,000 in Net Purchases during a calendar year to have the US Airways Award Processing Fee waived. You must also contact US Airways at 800-428-4322 to redeem. We hope you find this information helpful.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.
Sincerely,Customer Service "

Me: "Hi - No, this is not the standard 5000 mile discount benefit as described below, but a promotional rebate of award miles of up to 50% for cardholders."

Barclay CS: "Dear XXX :
Thank you for contacting us regarding your US Airways Dividend Miles World MasterCard. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the dividend miles promotion on your account. To qualify for the promotion you would need to redeem 20,000 miles between 10/1/2013 and 11/30/2013 for travel before 3/31/2014 and you will get the percent back on your dividend miles. You do not have to register for the promotion.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this message.

Just to clarify, I never received an email notification about the promotion. I checked all my junk, etc.. I'm going to write back to ask them for specifics, i.e. T&C, what % back, what if I redeem more than 20k mi., what is the miles limit on rebate.

UPDATE:
After I asked for T&C they came back and said sorry, we were mistaken, we have no record of this promotion on your account, screw! (I'm paraphrasing ) So, guess I'm SOL on this one.

Last edited by biostatistician; Oct 9, 2013 at 11:13 am
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
thanks biostatistician, I am in the same situation, I cant remember if I got the email
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by biostatistician
So, to add to the confusion here (or maybe I'm just confused on whether it's targeted!), here's my exchange w/Barclays via secure messaging:

Me: "Hi - I heard someone referring to a discount (I think 25%) on reward flights for cardholders. Do I need to register for this promotion and where would I do that? Thank you."

Barclay CS: "Thank you for contacting us regarding your US Airways Dividend Miles World MasterCard.

You may be referring to one of your benefit on the account, which is the 5,000 Mile Award Discount. With this benefit, you will get a 5,000 mile redemption discount off of each Eligible Award Ticket. Discount will not show on your credit card account. You must spend $25,000 in Net Purchases during a calendar year to have the US Airways Award Processing Fee waived. You must also contact US Airways at 800-428-4322 to redeem. We hope you find this information helpful.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Me: "Hi - No, this is not the standard 5000 mile discount benefit as described below, but a promotional rebate of award miles of up to 50% for cardholders."

Barclay CS: "Dear XXX :
Thank you for contacting us regarding your US Airways Dividend Miles World MasterCard. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the dividend miles promotion on your account. To qualify for the promotion you would need to redeem 20,000 miles between 10/1/2013 and 11/30/2013 for travel before 3/31/2014 and you will get the percent back on your dividend miles. You do not have to register for the promotion.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this message.

Just to clarify, I never received an email notification about the promotion. I checked all my junk, etc.. I'm going to write back to ask them for specifics, i.e. T&C, what % back, what if I redeem more than 20k mi., what is the miles limit on rebate.
Well, do keep us posted on this. Not at all the same reply that I received. I'm just wondering what percentage of miles they are going to give you back?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by miffSC
Well, do keep us posted on this. Not at all the same reply that I received. I'm just wondering what percentage of miles they are going to give you back?
Sorry, you read just prior to my updating the post. No go.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:50 pm

I got the promo of 50% back. I booked award ticket for my brother today for 60,000 miles. I just realized that I didn't use my US airways credit card to pay for the extra fee etc. Is that fine or should I take the risk of cancel the ticket and try to re-book it? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.