Wiki Posts
Search

No first class on CRJ 900

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2013, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairmans Preferred, AA, UA, DL, Hilton HHonors Diamond

I just received the standard First Class upgrade notification one week out from my flight next week (I am a US CP member). I am flying from LGB-PHX-ORD. I make the LGB-PHX flight almost 2-3 times a month. For more than 2 years, all CRJ 900 from LGB have a first class cabin... so imagine my surprise when the upgrade email came back indicating that "this aircraft has no first class section" and the seating chart does not have a first class section.

What gives?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat
There are some very interesting seat maps showing up for those CRJ900 on this route....no FC! Strange!! I'm also delighted to see mainline has returned to the route once again too.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I wonder if there are new aircraft involved. I'm virtually certain all US EXP (Mesa) CRJ-900s had been reconfigured to include the F cabin by several months ago.

But looking at the seatmap for the one LGB-PHX CRJ-900 flight next Saturday, there clearly is no F cabin.

Originally Posted by seratonin7
I'm also delighted to see mainline has returned to the route once again too.
Amen to that! ^
Old Jun 9, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
There are apparently two Skywest-operated CR9s that don't have the US interiors as yet. They just started operations, replacing a few CRJ-200s.

My source is here, though there is some conflicting info: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5779831/
Old Jun 9, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: Southwest A, Marriott LT Plat, US CP
I fly phx-LGb-phx every week. Last week they started having 900s with no F. What is even more bizarre is that it looked like a new plane. It was very clean. I hope this is just a short term issue as I rather enjoy 1a/2a/3a in the 900s.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:35 pm

They Skywest CR9s haven't entered service yet.

Mesa has added 8 ex-PLUNA CR9s. Two of them have first class (although with only 76 seats, 9F/67Y), and the rest are in an all-coach configuration (90Y). Supposedly the reason is a backlog of parts and seats, although that's just rumor that I've heard. Eventually they will be upgraded when the peak summer season ends.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
I fly TUS - PHX and PHX - TUS almost weekly. I have flown on a couple of CRJ-900's in the past few weeks on that flight that didn't have a first class cabin. In fact, on my return trip next week I will be flying in a CRJ-900 from PHX to TUS that doesn't have FC. Kind of disappointing but at least it's only a 20 minute flight.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 3:47 pm

[QUOTE=MavSeven;20892500]
Mesa has added 8 ex-PLUNA CR9s. QUOTE]

These are actually CR9 - Next Generation airplanes with larger overheads, newer sidewalls and PSU's and a somewhat sunken floor to make the windows appear higher, and some other improvements over the original design.

SkyWest also has some CR7-Next Generation airplanes in the UAX fleet.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Lately I've noticed the number of CRJ-900 flights between TUS and PHX with FC cabins dwindling. Life could be worse but I'm still not liking this...
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Screamin03
Lately I've noticed the number of CRJ-900 flights between TUS and PHX with FC cabins dwindling. Life could be worse but I'm still not liking this...
Well considering all the advertising that US does about its Express flights having F cabins, I'm sure this will be corrected soon.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:16 am

Refits on the newly added Mesa CR9s will depend on US flight schedule requirements and what interior furnishing changes may be required (beyond the changes in seats and bins for 1st class).

If I remember, there should be a total of 9 'new' planes coming on line, but they will be staying in the PHX system for the foreseeable future due to the differences in the interior configurations.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
I've got PHX-BUR scheduled next week and the seatmap appears to be one of these birds as well.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite

I am on a single class CRJ900 as I type. Mesa/US AIrways express PHX-SNA
Old Jul 4, 2013, 4:02 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Question CRJ900 w/o First Class

Dear Mods: please feel free to add an existing Thread if there is one out there...

Heard about this from a fellow road warrior a couple of weeks ago...

US Air is now flyin CRJ900 w/o First Class???!!!
Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:36 am

There was a thread about this a few weeks ago...

The basic issue is that US has Mesa flying 9 more -900s in the USX system, but they came from another operator and only 2 came with a first class installed. The other 7 are a full Y configuration at this point. Standardization of the interiors is planned, but waiting on post summer schedule changes and part/furnishing availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.