Wiki Posts
Search

US airway Club access on award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I searched everywhere, cannot find the right answer.
Award business class ticket for my wife (she has no status) from ICN-LAX-PHX. The ICN-LAX leg (business class) is with Asiana and the LAX-PHX leg is with US air (first class). Can she get access to the US air club in LAX? Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by louchen67
...The ICN-LAX leg (business class) is with Asiana and the LAX-PHX leg is with US air (first class). Can she get access to the US air club in LAX? Thanks!
Unfortunately, no. Complimentary access to US Club for non-status pax happens only when flying Envoy (US int'l business class). Flying domestic in FC does not have Club access as a benefit too.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EP

Wouldn't she have access based upon her same day international business class ticket? Or is that just for elites? Or am I just confused?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by la2clt
Wouldn't she have access based upon her same day international business class ticket? Or is that just for elites? ...
StarGolds have access to US Club when flying same-day in conjunction with an international ticket (in any class on StarAlliance flight) ...

Non-status pax, by StarAlliance rules, can only access US Club when departing the local airport in International Business Class. OP's wife is departing LAX on US domestic First to PHX, so that wouldn't qualify.

International Business Class Customers: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.

Customer must present a boarding pass for travel in International Business Class on a Star Alliance flight
Customer must be departing from the local airport in International Business Class
Customers must be a revenue customer
Customer is not entitled to any guests
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
And just to point out (because sometimes it confuses people) the term "revenue customer" that kudzu quoted does not preclude people flying on award tickets - you "paid" for that using miles. So don't worry about that one.

(This phrase is intended to exclude individuals flying on extremely deep airline or industry discount/free travel, known as non-revenue, or non-rev).
Old Jun 5, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: AA EP

Thanks kudzu. I have been in that situation but always been star gold. Didn't realize it would not apply for no status passengers.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Thank you guys for the clarification! Very helpful, now I have to look for the US air club day pass for my wife.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.