Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Way behind on the US - AA merger saga. A little help?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Way behind on the US - AA merger saga. A little help?

Hello FT'ers...

As the title indicates, I'm pretty far behind in terms of what the merger entails but after reading a little bit of the stickied thread it would appear that the majority of you are upset about it.

I've had a little bit of a break in travel over the past 6 months or so but am now ramping back up again. I have about 180k miles saved up and have been really trying to earn enough to get two round trip B or F class tickets to Africa through *A. I still have a ways to go but the impression that I'm getting is that USAir miles will no longer contribute to *A? I also have a USAirways Mastercard which I use to help accumulate miles as well. With a lot of travel headed my way for work - I want to be sure that i'm still accumulating miles as efficiently as possible. I typically fly out of either HPN, LGA, JFK or PHL. Can someone please fill me in?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
If you read the respective threads about the proposed merger, what do you feel you are "way behind on"?
There is little or no actual information to go on: FFP, routes, lounges etc. There are multiple threads in US and AA fora all filled with speculation.
You haven't missed anything.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
If you read the respective threads about the proposed merger, what do you feel you are "way behind on"?
There is little or no actual information to go on: FFP, routes, lounges etc. There are multiple threads in US and AA fora all filled with speculation.
You haven't missed anything.
The page or so that I read was filled with panic and people indicating that they're leaving. I don't know if that's just typical internet nonsense or if there is any merit to all the whining.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Please continue merger discussion over in our merger master thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...on-thread.html

Thanks.

aztimm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.