Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways award travel chart change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

US Airways has also split out Alaska as a separate destination zone for flights from the continental US, raising the rates at the medium and high levels. And low-level first class awards between North America and Hawaii are now 80K rather than 70K. High level business class between North America/Hawaii and Europe or South America are down to 325K from 350K. Finally, the middle and high tier rates between North America/Hawaii and the Middle East have spiked dramatically; at the top end a first class award goes from 240K to 350K.

New Chart:

Old Chart:

Last edited by sbm12; Feb 7, 2013 at 11:22 am Reason: high C dropped to SAm/Europe
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:59 am

To be fair, there are a couple of reductions as well.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Bighead1970
No more low off peak envoy for 60k miles.
Can still get it to South America, but that's it.

Also to note, the *A award chart hasn't been touched.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
The off-peak Europe biz award was probably the best bargain in the FF game, so its a shame to see that go but very difficult to complain over-much about it. It was a massive discount compared to basically every other airline. I don't really care about changes to the medium or high awards, since I'm quite unlikely to use them anyhow.

Last edited by MikeLaw; Feb 7, 2013 at 10:59 am Reason: misread the award chart
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by Heels05
I've been taking advantage of the CP no award change fee and piecing a trip together for next week. I already had my flight to Europe booked from PHL in Envoy but hadn't found a low level of CLT-PHL. DO you think it is going to reprice when I find my connection to PHL? Or will it stay at the old 30000?
It is also irritating that each time I try and get someone at the CP desk, they insist that there hasnt been a change and that as soon as award space is released, I can grab it for 30,000 miles each way.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cedric
To be fair, there are a couple of reductions as well.
Yeah, the drop from 350K to 325K for High business class seats between Hawaii/N.America and Europe/S.America doesn't really make me feel so warm and fuzzy given the other hikes.

Last edited by sbm12; Feb 7, 2013 at 12:58 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:59 am

I think the major argument here is..no warning. Some time to prep would have been nice.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Notice in advance could be well appreciated in particular in increasing some rates over 40% (Middle East - High Level). Yes - they did a rate drop of 8%...Some token.

Did any one had success finding "Low" level award on international flights in Envoy?

This is simple - Yes, we agreed to the terms and than we started collecting the miles, now it is like stock that got DE Valued as you have coins you can't use.

Miles for trade in value used to be worth $X.XX and now it is half the value as tickets are not available and if they are available you need double the miles.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by antonius66:20204408
I think the major argument here is..no warning. Some time to prep would have been nice.
I agree. But US has gotten really good at doing things like this at the last minute.... like when they eliminated some of the Silver benefits in mid Dec for the next calendar year (after everyone had already done their flying). So frustrating, but I feel like I need to just start expecting them to screw their fliers over. Sighhh
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by gilbarus

Did any one had success finding "Low" level award on international flights in Envoy?

I had 1-2 trips a year. If you looked throughout the year you could find what you needed. I always had great luck within 10 days.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy
That was the first thing I noticed. So one can still use *A to fly first class to Japan for 120,000 miles (I did that years ago on ANA -- difficult to book, but possible at least) yet may need 325K miles for business to Europe... 0_o

Unless I'm missing something? (I admit to not paying much attention to FF programs lately, my travel isn't what it used to be...)
Old Feb 7, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: US CP, HH/SPG/MR Gold
Picking up on the above observation...I suspect that for many of us on FT it's only the loss of off-peak rates that are a real impact (off to Rome next week for 55K).

My own reality check...after millions of points redeemed over the last few years the only other use for DM is with *A partners and to lock in the occasional transcon upgrade when traveling with someone else. Neither is effected...YET.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
there goes my HNL to Europe Business class award...oh well....
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy

Yup. But is that because they know that the won't be with *A for much longer - so why change things for a year or so and make a big stink???

I don't know why they didn't wait until the end of this year's off peak season to pull the fares to Europe. I looked a couple of days ago and I saw 5 days at most PHL-LHR/CDG/AMS. I can't see it would have done much harm to let those who were aiming for this year to try their luck - and then say they were not continuing with the program in 2014.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.