Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL DM, UA Gold, WOH Glob, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
agree.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by MikeLaw
The off-peak Europe biz award was probably the best bargain in the FF game, so its a shame to see that go but very difficult to complain over-much about it. It was a massive discount compared to basically every other airline.
I'm still sad to see it go. While it may have been a better deal than any other airline, that big difference has also kept me quite loyal to US -- easily earning a biz class trip to London each January has been a very nice perk. While it may not seem like the ideal mid-winter getaway, for me it's been a great chance to catch up with friends and take in some museums and shows without the usual crush of tourists.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Wow, i'm really disappointed. I was planning to do reservation for off-peak europe

I'm surprised there isn't more backlash. Usually when loyalty program did (huge)devaluation over night without advanced change, we'd be up in arms.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
One of the things I looked forward to the most when I switched to US was off-peak PHL-Europe awards.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
The off peak loss does suck big time. However the levels they are asking for the Middle East now are stupid! ... is that all about ?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by skitch23
Arrgggghhhh! I have been saving my miles for years and was finally going to cash them in for a trip for my whole family next year. This totally sucks!!!!!!
You're THAT upset that you've been banking miles for years and you were going to cash them in for a trip NEXT year when this year just started?

If you didn't know, miles devalue over the years. My united miles in 2002 aren't nearly as good now as they were back then.

The issue is not warning anybody but that wouldn't have saved you.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:21 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by tomy77
Wow, i'm really disappointed. I was planning to do reservation for off-peak europe

I'm surprised there isn't more backlash. Usually when loyalty program did (huge)devaluation over night without advanced change, we'd be up in arms.
probably because they haven't changed the star alliance awards which are what most on FT redeem for. It has always been relatively tougher to find US saver award space anyway.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 2:41 am

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A525 Safari/8536.25)

I looked at the partner redemption chart and I don't see any change regarding my region North Asia.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Life is a moving target! And I can attest to the lovely weather in Madrid at the moment complements of the US Airways off season business class award @ 55K (no longer available).

And now working on the best options for first class via US Airways miles via partners now that Swiss and Lufthansa are not options. Flying Air China in May/June LAX-PEK & PEK-FRA and now exploring other options for future travel via first. And for future reference, Swiss First and Lufthansa First are quite the adventure!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: DL, CX
That is my region, too.
But I think the reason behind that is you can book all US flights online yourself, while you have to call US airways and start an uphill battle with US agents for the partner awards. Some non-star partner awards have not been availbale for the last two years. None. But I see now they tell the truth in new miles chart that award on qatar airways,; thay are not available temporarily. I have about 270000 US miles with my GF, and now thinking about how to burn before the end of this year when US may already be an oneworld airline.

Originally Posted by O Sora
Wirelessly posted (iPhone5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A525 Safari/8536.25)

I looked at the partner redemption chart and I don't see any change regarding my region North Asia.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by CrazyFoool:20207951
You're THAT upset that you've been banking miles for years and you were going to cash them in for a trip NEXT year when this year just started?
Unlike most of the people on here my miles are all from leisure travel, so yeah I have been saving them for years. And being as how I just hit the miles needed for 4 in envoy off peak, yeah I'm disappointed. I don't see an issue with planning a trip a year out that I can't afford otherwise. I don't have the luxury of being able to drop everything and fly to Paris tomorrow.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question

Originally Posted by skitch23
Arrgggghhhh! I have been saving my miles for years and was finally going to cash them in for a trip for my whole family next year. This totally sucks!!!!!!
Next year? Have you been sleeping? By then, US will be fully merged with AA.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by tomy77

Agree. When I found out yesterday I was waiting for the blogs and boards to go crazy. That was def my fav part of earning US miles. I worry US are watching the boards and see not that many people care or are vocal about the changes. Like the points community is giving them a green light for more changes with zero notice.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I take this as yet another merger sign.

Once announced, AA FFs would look at the US Airways award travel chart and would start salivating over the idea of flying to Europe in C Class for only 60,000 miles.

This erases that let down (at least for them).
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by Heels05
Agree. When I found out yesterday I was waiting for the blogs and boards to go crazy. That was def my fav part of earning US miles. I worry US are watching the boards and see not that many people care or are vocal about the changes. Like the points community is giving them a green light for more changes with zero notice.
I'm surprised Matthew Klint (Live and Let Fly at upgrd.com) hasn't said anything yet although with the merger in the news there might be bigger fish to fry right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.