Wiki Posts
Search

US airways takes miles from wrong account

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver
US airways takes miles from wrong account

Last week, I booked a trip for my girlfriend and myself to Japan in late March for 120,000 US Airways miles.

I was the one with the necessary miles to book the trip, but they seem to have taken them from her account instead. She is currently sitting on a mileage balance of about -100,000 miles and the ticket appears when I login to her US Airways account.

So I could either call up US Airways to correct the issue, or let it slide and see if anything happens. She does not plan to need to use her US Airways account in the future. Is there a significant risk that US Airways might just cancel the tickets without telling us? We won't be flying on any US flights and don't anticipate a need to get in contact with them about the tickets.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Personally speaking, I would call.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Call and correct it.

It is far easier to correct/address the issue now vs. waiting until the last minute when re-issuing a partner ticket can become problematic.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver
OK, thanks for the advice. I gave US a call and after waiting on hold for 25 min the agent fixed it rather quickly. This agent sounded much more competent than the one who booked the trip.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Anti-hermitian
So I could either call up US Airways to correct the issue, or let it slide and see if anything happens. She does not plan to need to use her US Airways account in the future. Is there a significant risk that US Airways might just cancel the tickets without telling us?
Hope is usually a bad strategy. Glad to see you called and got it straightened out. It likely would have ended poorly otherwise - from needing to make several calls to outright not having the tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.