Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Us Airways match another airlines price for same route?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Will Us Airways match another airlines price for same route?

I am constantly flying DCA-DTW, and USAirways is consistently 100-200 dollars more than Delta. As a Star Alliance Gold I prefer to fly a member airline, but the difference in fare is getting to me.

Any advice?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
How far out are you buying your tickets?

One thing I've noticed is that US tends to get cheaper the closer you get to the date. They seem to be more expensive farther out and then drop the price as you get closer.

It's not always like that, but I've seen it a good bit.

US also has a strong hold on DCA, so they think they can get the premium.

I've never heard of airlines doing a price match outside of matching published fares of competitors. If you fly it enough, you may be able to negotiate something with them where if you buy X amount of tickets, they'll give it to you for Y. However, that would probably have to go thru corporate sales.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.