Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entertainment on A320-200 first class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Entertainment on A320-200 first class

What site is best for updated info on entertianment for this and other US planes? We're flying this plane CLT-SFO and, later, LAX-CLT. thanks
Old Nov 10, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by SoCal
What site is best for updated info on entertianment for this and other US planes? We're flying this plane CLT-SFO and, later, LAX-CLT. thanks
Nothing. Zip. Nada. US has no inflight entertainment on their domestic fleet (except on flights to Hawaiii). That said, many people don't see that as much of a loss, since the poor quality picture on the old CRTs and tiny LCDs weren't much to see. I know I'm at least as happy to be watching my own movies and listening to my own music on a laptop or tablet.

What you may have though is inflight Wi-Fi to let you surf the web, chat, and catch up on email while in flight. Unfortunately, they've just started adding the service to their A320 fleet, so your chances of finding it on those planes is small (the A321 fleet is full installed). It's also relatively expensive.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by twa777
Nothing. Zip. Nada. US has no inflight entertainment on their domestic fleet (except on flights to Hawaiii). That said, many people don't see that as much of a loss, since the poor quality picture on the old CRTs and tiny LCDs weren't much to see. I know I'm at least as happy to be watching my own movies and listening to my own music on a laptop or tablet.

What you may have though is inflight Wi-Fi to let you surf the web, chat, and catch up on email while in flight. Unfortunately, they've just started adding the service to their A320 fleet, so your chances of finding it on those planes is small (the A321 fleet is full installed). It's also relatively expensive.
Thanks. What I thought. Maybe I'll sleep or read a book. Should have something on the flight onward to Maui (United flight).
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just had two flights- one on an A319 which was equipped with WiFi, the other on an E175, also equipped with WiFi. I was surprised. Didn't think it was available on the smaller fleet yet.

If OP brings along a device on which to use WiFi, beware that US doesn't have ANY plug outlets on board, so be sure the device is fully charged before leaving!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACA321
Just had two flights- one on an A319 which was equipped with WiFi, the other on an E175, also equipped with WiFi. I was surprised. Didn't think it was available on the smaller fleet yet.

If OP brings along a device on which to use WiFi, beware that US doesn't have ANY plug outlets on board, so be sure the device is fully charged before leaving!
Thanks. Not sure even WiFi operates over the Pacific (a post about another airline said not), but we'll have a tablet computer, in any event. Movies will probably suffice.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Right now, IFE on US is BYO. Eventually (as in sometime in the next year or two) US plans to install GOGO Vision on the mainline domestic fleet (A321/A320/A319/E190) and you'll be able to stream movies and TV episodes to your laptop, tablet or smartphone for a fee (99 cents for TV episodes and $3-$5 for movies IIRC). No idea if streaming will be complimentary in F.

I flew on an exUA A319 last weekend flying back from MSY and I was dumbfounded that there was drop down TV monitors showing episodes of the Big Bang Theory and the Mentalist. My tablet didn't want to play the episodes of Law and Order I had downloaded off GooglePlay for some reason so it was a major ^.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:34 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Here's a nice progress page on usairways.com for WiFi and GoGo Vision (which is 0% right now).

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...lam_00697&re=1
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Don't be so sure on the ife from sfo to maui on ua.....

Originally Posted by SoCal:19658441
Originally Posted by twa777

Thanks. What I thought. Maybe I'll sleep or read a book. Should have something on the flight onward to Maui (United flight).
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Thanks. Not sure even WiFi operates over the Pacific (a post about another airline said not), but we'll have a tablet computer, in any event. Movies will probably suffice.
Fully charged laptop, and a $1.00 redbox movie....
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:16 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by etsmyers
Fully charged laptop, and a $1.00 redbox movie....
Running a laptop DVD player is a battery killer. You'd do better spending $3.99 to rent the movie before the trip on iTunes and play it back on the hard drive.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PHL
Running a laptop DVD player is a battery killer. You'd do better spending $3.99 to rent the movie before the trip on iTunes and play it back on the hard drive.
PHL is right... but relatively easy to use software like HandBreake is available to copy DVDs to your hard drive... legal and ethical questions aside.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marksskram
[B]legal and ethical questions aside.
Are you in Congress or on Wall Street?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Are you in Congress or on Wall Street?
I do live in DC.. but dont do any of the governing. I was just trying to avoid a flamewar about whether its legal or right to copy a DVD you rented onto your hard drive.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by marksskram
I do live in DC.. but dont do any of the governing. I was just trying to avoid a flamewar about whether its legal or right to copy a DVD you rented onto your hard drive.
OT, but I've had zero luck using handbrake
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
http://www.magicdvdripper.com/ is the easiest one I know of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.