Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Double PQM Time! (Book by 10/31 for flights thru 12/31, using US MasterCard)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double PQM Time! (Book by 10/31 for flights thru 12/31, using US MasterCard)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Question on this one. I see it takes 6-8 weeks from your flight for the DPQM to post. Let's say you fly on December 1st and the double PQM's don't post until January. Would those extra PQM's count towards 2012 or 2013?
Remember, status does not change until 1 March 2013. Plenty of time for everything to clear.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Does anyone know if this will stack onto the Shuttle DPQM promotion?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Geez. This will teach me not to not procrastinate.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by JoeBB
This is better than a Grand Slam!
Now you're taking it a little too far...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Organgrinder
Does anyone know if this will stack onto the Shuttle DPQM promotion?
I'm wondering if it works with the Trial Preferred program. Would be nice to do 3 transcon RTs instead of 6 and get CP. The T&Cs for both are fairly slim on information and neither address any ability to combine or prohibition from doing so.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:41 pm

OK, suppose I book tomorrow a rt, say PHL-LAX, for December. But in November, I realize that I must leave a day later than planned for that December trip. Will I get the DPQM's even if I pay the $150 change fee? I'm thinking "yes" as long as my Confirmation Code does not change. I'd imagine that I could even move the entire itinerary a week forward in December and get the DPQM -- as long as the Confirmation Code is unchanged after I pay the change fee.

Thoughts?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I'm wondering if it works with the Trial Preferred program. Would be nice to do 3 transcon RTs instead of 6 and get CP. The T&Cs for both are fairly slim on information and neither address any ability to combine or prohibition from doing so.
I was thinking the same thing, unfortunately I did the trial earlier this year. It might still be worth grabbing the preferred for the outside shot of upgrades on transcons. Even with regular PQM you'll hit silver after the second most likely.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by tommyleo
OK, suppose I book tomorrow a rt, say PHL-LAX, for December. But in November, I realize that I must leave a day later than planned for that December trip. Will I get the DPQM's even if I pay the $150 change fee? I'm thinking "yes" as long as my Confirmation Code does not change. I'd imagine that I could even move the entire itinerary a week forward in December and get the DPQM -- as long as the Confirmation Code is unchanged after I pay the change fee.

Thoughts?
Well, since it is a change -- you will be paying a change fee -- I think that you have logic on your side.

You also have the IT inertia on your side, as per a common confirmation code, as you note.

Whether logic and inertia will stand up on the very small chance that US notices and gets fussy about this is something else -- I am often amazed by US's hideboundedness -- but I would say things are very much likely to go as you suggest.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by cheddar56
I was thinking the same thing, unfortunately I did the trial earlier this year. It might still be worth grabbing the preferred for the outside shot of upgrades on transcons. Even with regular PQM you'll hit silver after the second most likely.
Indeed, 3 would get me gold anyway. I'd have to do it on faith, as by the time any bonus PQMs hit, it would be too late to book with the double PQM bonus again. Of course I could always simply book three more transcons at that point. I fly mostly on Saturdays so upgrades are generally not difficult to come by. I'd only do it if I could get CP, Gold status on US isn't worth a whole lot to me when I'm already top level EXP over on AA. CP is worth a bit more though, top tier status on two airlines is very helpful (and very expensive to maintain! ).
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Remember, status does not change until 1 March 2013. Plenty of time for everything to clear.
So, just so I'm clear on this...

If I have 45K PQM's so far in 2012, let's say I book a trip that is worth 4K PQM's for December. I will then be at 49K PQM's and still Silver at that point. Now with this DPQM promotion, another 4K PQM's will be added to my account in January. Will that then put me at 53K PQM's for 2012 and make me Gold? Or will I still have 49K PQM's for the year, be stuck at Silver, and just have another 4K PQM's to start off the 2013 year?

I ask because I'm so close to Gold and would like to achieve it with this, but I don't want to lose out on it by 1K miles due to a technicality on when they post.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
So, just so I'm clear on this...

If I have 45K PQM's so far in 2012, let's say I book a trip that is worth 4K PQM's for December. I will then be at 49K PQM's and still Silver at that point. Now with this DPQM promotion, another 4K PQM's will be added to my account in January. Will that then put me at 53K PQM's for 2012 and make me Gold? Or will I still have 49K PQM's for the year, be stuck at Silver, and just have another 4K PQM's to start off the 2013 year?

I ask because I'm so close to Gold and would like to achieve it with this, but I don't want to lose out on it by 1K miles due to a technicality on when they post.
Usually they will post with an activity date of 2012 which will get you 2012 status credit for Gold in 2013.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:30 pm

Grr. Booked 12k worth of trips last week.

Hate to say it, but I'm kind of bummed by this. After hop/skip/jump, I found upgrades as mere gold to be tough. This year, it has been much better. I fear, now, that next year will get tough again and I don't think I'm going to be able to get to plat.

Oh well.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
... Will that then put me at 53K PQM's for 2012 and make me Gold? ...
Originally Posted by ellinj
Usually they will post with an activity date of 2012 which will get you 2012 status credit for Gold in 2013.
I agree with ellinj, but if you're flying because of this promo, you should shoot an email with the same question to the Preferred Desk ... and see what they say.

Nothing like having something in writing just in case ...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Gah!! Just booked FLL-EWR, FLL-STL, and MIA-HNL 2 days ago!!! Very, very lame!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
Gah!! Just booked FLL-EWR, FLL-STL, and MIA-HNL 2 days ago!!! Very, very lame!
Maybe it would be worth it to pay the cancellation fee for the big one and rebook?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.