Community
Wiki Posts
Search

coachrowsey's Retirement Party - Oct. 6 - Charlotte Area

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Just a heads up that I will be at a conference next week from Sunday morning through Thursday. Checking Flyertalk will be a low priority for me while I am at the conference, so please don't get worried if you notice that this thread does not get updated for a few days. I promise I'll update it after I get back!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by CMK10
Move me to definitely for this. The only question now is do I stay the night in the Charlotte area or drive back to Durham after dinner?
Some of us will be staying at CLT airport hotels (think 2Tree and Hyatt Place).
Old Sep 12, 2012, 3:21 pm

I'd probably do the Econo Lodge on the Crew Rate unless someone wants to share a room at a more respectable establishment.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Bump!

We have a tentative location:

Hillbilly's BBQ
720 McAdenville Road
Lowell, NC 28098
(704)824-8838

http://www.hillbillysbbqsteaks.com/

I will call the restaurant (most likely tomorrow) to make sure they will be open on October 6, and to make a reservation. I'd like the numbers to be as close to accurate as possible. Once the reservation is confirmed, I will add the restaurant information to Post #1.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:10 am
Original Poster

I made a 6:30PM reservation under "Flyertalk" for 15 people at Hillbilly's BBQ, figuring we may have some additional attendees as it gets closer. Post #1 has been updated.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:14 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Side trip to aviation museum?

Since some of us are coming in from out of town, would anyone else be interested in doing a side trip on Saturday afternoon, say 1PM or so, to the Carolina's Aviation Museum on the CLT airport property? My son and I went there a few years ago, but they have totally upgraded their grounds. Also, Sully's plane is now on exhibit.

I know they had a lot of PI memorabilia before and they said they had a lot of others things but didn't have the space then to show it. I'm hoping they have been able to display more in their new building.

If interested, please respond here and perhaps SS255 can denote in our lists who is going.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
Since some of us are coming in from out of town, would anyone else be interested in doing a side trip on Saturday afternoon, say 1PM or so, to the Carolina's Aviation Museum on the CLT airport property? My son and I went there a few years ago, but they have totally upgraded their grounds. Also, Sully's plane is now on exhibit.

I know they had a lot of PI memorabilia before and they said they had a lot of others things but didn't have the space then to show it. I'm hoping they have been able to display more in their new building.

If interested, please respond here and perhaps SS255 can denote in our lists who is going.
I started a Carolinas Aviation Museum list in Post #2, tentatively scheduled for 1PM. I don't land in CLT until mid-afternoon, so I won't be able to make it.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: LH, DL/NW, US, HHon, SPG
Count me IN for the BBQ! Looking forward to it.

SeoulMan
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
I'll be in Europe so I can't make it , but congrats to coachrowsey! ^
Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Updated.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Kindly add kudzu + 1 to the confirmed list for BBQ.

Look forward to it!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 3:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
155 miles from Durham to the foodeteria, not too bad. If anyone needs a ride from their hotel to the restaurant let me know.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 6:53 am

Some extra notes for Hillbilly's BBQ (for those that may be from out-of-area):

Restaurant is right off of I-85 at exit 23 (Lowell-McAdenville exit). Parking can be a bit tight depending on dinner crowd.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:05 am
Original Poster

A few of us have been in touch off-line to arrange for carpooling. If anybody else is interested in carpooling, please post here and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:21 am
Original Poster

I will be calling the restaurant on Friday to give them the final headcount. I may not be able to check this thread after Friday afternoon, so if there are any last-minute attendees, it will be your responsibility to call the restaurant and add headcount to the "Flyertalk" reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.