Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accessing USAirways.com from an iPad (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Try bookmarking the mobile site on the iPad:

http://mobile.usablenet.com/mt/www.u...m/DEFAULT.ASPX
Old May 7, 2012, 6:33 pm

I'm curious - is this an IPad issue or does the regular Mac version of safari do it also?

I'm a windoze guy by nature - but have partially crossed over to the dark side because the iPad has a killer golf swing review app that I take to the range with me.

Going off-topic for a second, for those thinking about the flight aware app for the iPad - don't waste the bandwidth to download it. Compared to the full site which safari accesses effortlessly, the app is crippled, clunky, and generally sucks. Some apps are killer, but that one isn't.
Old May 7, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by LowlyDLsilver
Going off-topic for a second, for those thinking about the flight aware app for the iPad - don't waste the bandwidth to download it. Compared to the full site which safari accesses effortlessly, the app is crippled, clunky, and generally sucks. Some apps are killer, but that one isn't.
Sadly, I agree. Just use the web site in Safari.
Old May 7, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by LowlyDLsilver
I'm curious - is this an IPad issue or does the regular Mac version of safari do it also?

I'm a windoze guy by nature - but have partially crossed over to the dark side because the iPad has a killer golf swing review app that I take to the range with me.

No problems with Safari on Mac.
Old May 8, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Renders great in Atomic Browser on the iPad, I too often get an error message in safari unless I clear my cache.
Old May 13, 2012, 4:19 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
I do 2 things to avoid these issues.

Since I jailbreak all my idevices, I use useragent to tell the sites that the device is a desktop computer rather than a mobile device.

I also have several other web browsers installed like opera.

I wish that apple didnt put silly restrictions on the device I own.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.