Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there anything I should do today, my last day as a CP?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Is there anything I should do today, my last day as a CP?

I don't think I have any nominations left, but I guess I might. If I nominate someone today, would their status expire tomorrow? I won't be able to use my certs for Europe/Hawaii. Anything else I should take advantage of, e.g., booking award travel or anything that will be much better to do today than tomorrow (as a Gold)?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I'm fairly sure you can use the unused cert on a domestic itinerary so if you've got one already planned, might be worth seeing if there's upgrade inventory.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by masonuc
I don't think I have any nominations left, but I guess I might. If I nominate someone today, would their status expire tomorrow? I won't be able to use my certs for Europe/Hawaii. Anything else I should take advantage of, e.g., booking award travel or anything that will be much better to do today than tomorrow (as a Gold)?
No, see Special Dividends thread for details ....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even the Nominate Someone to Trial Server could help someone who was only going to take one US trip in the next 3 mos, but could benefit from a free bag check or an exit row seat.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcpatti
I'm fairly sure you can use the unused cert on a domestic itinerary so if you've got one already planned, might be worth seeing if there's upgrade inventory.
I hope to God that's not true because I've let at least 4 years of those certs go to complete waste.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
I hope to God that's not true because I've let at least 4 years of those certs go to complete waste.
I tried on a transcon last year before mine were set to expire and were told they were only good for Business international / Hawaii.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: US Chairman
I just called the CP line. I had 2 silver nominations that were unused so I went ahead and did them. They did it instantly over the phone, worked like a charm.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
I asked yesterday and was told they were only for SA/EU/Hawaii/Middle East...

Originally Posted by steve65341
I tried on a transcon last year before mine were set to expire and were told they were only good for Business international / Hawaii.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by dcpatti
I believe that the certs cann't be used for domestic US upgrades.

As a Chairman's Preferred member, you'll receive 2 electronic certificates each year for one way First Class/Envoy upgrades that you can use for upgrades to or from Hawaii, Europe, South America and the Middle East.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: US CP
One thing to do is check all of your Special Dividends for 2011. I just happened to look at it yesterday and clicked on all of them.

For Restaurant.com, you have to "Get your Certificate" by 2/29/2012, which is just clicking on the Button. Then it will list the Issue and Expiration dates, which should be good for one year from the time you clicked on the button.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tothetrail
One thing to do is check all of your Special Dividends for 2011. I just happened to look at it yesterday and clicked on all of them.

For Restaurant.com, you have to "Get your Certificate" by 2/29/2012, which is just clicking on the Button. Then it will list the Issue and Expiration dates, which should be good for one year from the time you clicked on the button.
Where do you find these special dividends in your account at US?

Nevermind, found them.

Last edited by miffSC; Feb 29, 2012 at 1:14 pm
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by longnguk
I believe that the certs cann't be used for domestic US upgrades.
You'd think you would be able to use them on transcons...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miffSC
Where do you find these special dividends in your account at US?

Nevermind, found them.
I had no idea this existed. Just found them. Most of the 2011 dividends expire later in 2012 or even March 1, 2013 so no rush to use them today. (Including nominate a friend to trial silver).
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
URGENT

....Most of the 2011 dividends expire later in 2012 or even March 1, 2013 so no rush to use them today. (Including nominate a friend to trial silver).
Special Dividends nominations earned in 2011 must be redeemed today (and I don't know if it's Eastern Time or Arizona time - best to call).

I know the website states some expiration dates into March 2013, but that is incorrect information according to the CP Desk in an email reply received a few minutes ago ...

Dear (kudzu),

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

Nominations must be made by the last day of February of the year after
the benefit was earned. Any Special Dividend nominations earned in 2011
must be processed by today- 2/29/12. ......
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by kudzu
Special Dividends nominations earned in 2011 must be redeemed today (and I don't know if it's Eastern Time or Arizona time - best to call).

I know the website states some expiration dates into March 2013, but that is incorrect information according to the CP Desk in an email reply received a few minutes ago ...
Well, someone nominate me to Gold then so I don't have to do a MR to JNB!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: US - Gold Preferred, leisuring and MRing for status :-)
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
Well, someone nominate me to Gold then so I don't have to do a MR to JNB!
I'd be happy to accept an unused Gold nomination, as well I've always been Silver (4 years) and my flying is all leisure, so I'll probably never get over the "hump."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.