Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Flight 4059 / 4095 (PHL / MKE)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
US Airways Flight 4059 / 4095 (PHL / MKE)

Just a quick rant of somethings that have been driving me nuts as of late. Curious if anyone is on the same route and what, if anything, I can do besides complain here.

I've been flying between PHL and MKE via US Airways (Air Wisconsin) on a Canadair Regional Jet CRJ-200 for the last 6 weeks. The last three weeks have been quite awful according to my standards.

Week of 1/3: I sit next to a airliner mechanic en-route to MKE. He talks to me about how US Air is getting rid of the CRJ-200 and how he hates the planes because they're junk.

Week of 1/9: Delayed and hour en-route to MKE and then 4 hours to PHL due to mechanical issues.

Week of 1/16: Delayed two hours en-route to MKE and then delayed two hours en-route to PHL. On our approach the pilot aborted the landing at about 500-1000' up to circle back and try again.

Week of 1/23: Delayed two hours en-route to MKE and then my flight is diverted and canceled en-route to PHL. Pilot announces there is landing gear issues, burns off all the fuel, turns around when we're 20 mins from PHL, we land at MKE and are greeted by several emergency vehicles. Staff is re-routing people and not their bags (heard the conversation between staffers), I'm put on a bus to ORD and given the wrong bus time and almost miss my flight. No apologies, just more of the usual.

I feel like each week things get worse and worse. All the aforementioned problems are non-weather related delays. I'm starting to think flying in/out of ORD and driving to MKE is smarter then dealing with the above.

Do you think this is just an unlucky month? Or this is the way it is since this isn't a major route like PHL <-> ORD? I fly often and this is the worse back to back weeks I've had in some time.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: None
Sounds like a string of bad luck (other than the mechanic's comments and bag rerouting issue). With Express completion factor averaging in he high 90% range and on-time averaging 70% and above most days, your experiences have definitely been against the odds, so I would not recommend buying a lottery ticket.

Jim
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by xtremeski2001
Just a quick rant of somethings that have been driving me nuts as of late. Curious if anyone is on the same route and what, if anything, I can do besides complain here.

I've been flying between PHL and MKE via US Airways (Air Wisconsin) on a Canadair Regional Jet CRJ-200 for the last 6 weeks. The last three weeks have been quite awful according to my standards.

Week of 1/3: I sit next to a airliner mechanic en-route to MKE. He talks to me about how US Air is getting rid of the CRJ-200 and how he hates the planes because they're junk.

Week of 1/9: Delayed and hour en-route to MKE and then 4 hours to PHL due to mechanical issues.

Week of 1/16: Delayed two hours en-route to MKE and then delayed two hours en-route to PHL. On our approach the pilot aborted the landing at about 500-1000' up to circle back and try again.

Week of 1/23: Delayed two hours en-route to MKE and then my flight is diverted and canceled en-route to PHL. Pilot announces there is landing gear issues, burns off all the fuel, turns around when we're 20 mins from PHL, we land at MKE and are greeted by several emergency vehicles. Staff is re-routing people and not their bags (heard the conversation between staffers), I'm put on a bus to ORD and given the wrong bus time and almost miss my flight. No apologies, just more of the usual.

I feel like each week things get worse and worse. All the aforementioned problems are non-weather related delays. I'm starting to think flying in/out of ORD and driving to MKE is smarter then dealing with the above.

Do you think this is just an unlucky month? Or this is the way it is since this isn't a major route like PHL <-> ORD? I fly often and this is the worse back to back weeks I've had in some time.
Fly that route on occasion. Have not had your problems, but you have the option of flying Frontier (the old Midwest Route). Have had good experiences with them, but understand they are cutting their flights.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

At first I thought that OP will complain about 2hrs on CRJ
I've done this route and I hated it, even in row 8.
Then I purposely switched to CLT-MKE to fly on bigger (CRJ-700), and few days before my departure they switched to CRJ-200. I hate those long CRJ/ERJ flights.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Originally Posted by bwiadca
At first I thought that OP will complain about 2hrs on CRJ
I've done this route and I hated it, even in row 8.
Then I purposely switched to CLT-MKE to fly on bigger (CRJ-700), and few days before my departure they switched to CRJ-200. I hate those long CRJ/ERJ flights.
The CRJ-200's really suck. That said, I can probably do a 3 to 4 hour flight without issue. Luckily they don't fly more than 2.5 hours or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.