Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Have people received communications regarding their preferred qualification for 2012?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have people received communications regarding their preferred qualification for 2012?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways DM Silver, United Mileage Plus

Has anyone received emails from US regarding their preferred status for 2012? I usually receive an email from US stating that I've maintained my preferred status for the year by now. I haven't yet seen anything this year yet. I hope this doesn't mean that I didn't requalify this year, as I had more than the 25,000 miles needed for SP.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Nope - was wondering the same thing yesterday.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:01 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
This usually comes in early March.

While the miles you earn now count for 2012 status, your 2011 status goes through 2/29 of this year. There may be a lag in posting of some miles, so this 2 months gives the airlines a chance to take care of that.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks Yahtzee. Aztimm, I understand what you are saying, it definitely makes sense. But last year, on Jan 11 2011, I received an email from US saying welcome to SP. The preferred kits themselves probably arrive around Feb/Mar, but the email arrives in Jan, as per my experience. I could be wrong though.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
If you're wondering which preferred level you'll have after 3/1/12, log in to your account and it will tell you when your Preferred status expires: Feb of 2012 or Feb of 2013.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by geo1005
If you're wondering which preferred level you'll have after 3/1/12, log in to your account and it will tell you when your Preferred status expires: Feb of 2012 or Feb of 2013.
Hi Geo1005, I did log in to my account, but I don't see where it says when my preferred status expires. It still shows me as SP, of course, but I can't see where it says when my status expires.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:31 am

I was told by a Chairmans supervisor (one of only 7 from what I was told) that they would be sending the qualification e-mail and instructions to appeal if you missed it by a few miles or segments.

This was in mid December and the way she spoke it was supposed to come right after the new year
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by mrwise
Hi Geo1005, I did log in to my account, but I don't see where it says when my preferred status expires. It still shows me as SP, of course, but I can't see where it says when my status expires.
Sorry mrwise, I led you astray! Sorry.

To see when your Preferred status expires, go to the Buy Up page and plug in your info. After authenticated, it should show your current Preferred level, when it expires and the cost to Buy Up.

https://www.usairwayspreferred.com/u...nticate.action
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by geo1005
Sorry mrwise, I led you astray! Sorry.

To see when your Preferred status expires, go to the Buy Up page and plug in your info. After authenticated, it should show your current Preferred level, when it expires and the cost to Buy Up.

https://www.usairwayspreferred.com/u...nticate.action
No problem at all, Geo1005, it happens But thanks for the handy tip. Yes, I checked, and I did qualify for SP for 2012, so that's good.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
I received my welcome email tonite... hopefully everyone else did as well! ^
Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum/,Lifetime Silver Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by skitch23
I received my welcome email tonite... hopefully everyone else did as well! ^
Received my welcome to CP email tonight!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Got my welcome (back down to) Silver tonight.

The depression is setting in.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA-Gold, Hilton-Gold, Hyatt - Platinum
Received mine today... Nothing new or exciting enclosed.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:14 pm

I got my welcome to chairmans notice. yippie!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:26 pm

Got my silver e-mail today.

I was half expecting it to contain a virus "enhancement"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.