Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's your US wishlist look like for 2012?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
What's your US wishlist look like for 2012?

For me: daily PHL to ZRH on an A-330
Wifi roll-out on the entire narrowbody Airbus fleet
A change-of-heart by corporate on the Lumexis rollout (maybe they'll view a high-quality domestic IFE as a both a differentiator and a profit source)
A commitment from Airbus on an A-321NEO with legs to rival the ETOPS 757 and that US will be the launch customer for the variant
A unified contract for East and West pilots

Personally, to hit *A Gold!

Skycubbie
Old Dec 23, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Non-Stop from the east coast to hawaii.
Second Checked bag back as a silver.
And the biggest somehow be preferred again in 2013 (not likley based on my projected travel)

and Tequila Back!!!

Last edited by beachbrew; Dec 23, 2011 at 6:15 pm Reason: one more drinking thought
Old Dec 23, 2011, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
One way awards, without losing stopovers on round-trip awards.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
  • Additional destinations to/from ONT
  • Better earning opportunities during the GS2012 promo
  • No change fees
  • Achieve at least gold again
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
1. Stop *net blocking.
2. Get competent DM call center agents
3. Ditch Barclays as their credit card partner and/or join AmEx MR
4. No merger with American
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:58 am

Wish List 2012

Hello, I'm a USAirways employee. I can pretty much say that USAirway's focus agenda/goal for 2012 is launching their expansion plans at DCA as a result with the recent slot swap with Delta. Not sure of all the new routes from DCA yet as it will be announced in Jan. Although I have heard that DSM, SAV, MIA is on the rador for DCA service, but not sure of the other markets in consideration. Also, the company would like to have Sao Paulo service started by the fall of 2012 (or earliest 2013). I have heard that they keep getting running into snags with Sao Paulo airport authorities with obtaining ticketing/gate space.

As far as Hawaii service from east coast. Sorry won't happen, the company tried Hawaii service last year from CLT and it was unprofitable for them with the sluggish economy and fuel prices. However, the PHX--Hawaii service is apparently doing very well.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Better aircraft on the PHX-HNL (all of hawaiian flights) those 757s are ugly, dirt and very uncomfortable.

Have meals start at 2.5 hr flight time not the current 3.5 hrs.

Restart the PHX-SJO flights.

Throw PHX a bone, lets use have one European flight, BA's flight to london does very well...
Old Dec 24, 2011, 4:48 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Thumbs down

An iPhone app (and a good one that lets me track the aircraft that makes up my flight, change seats, etc)

Online upgrade queues for using CP certs/miles. It's almost 2012. This "call back tomorrow" routine is BS.

Strive for consistency. Enforce boarding order, honor upgrade queues, make your rules clear and apply them evenly.

A DPQM promo at some point. And a really lucrative shopping promo too.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by dcpatti
An iPhone app (and a good one that lets me track the aircraft that makes up my flight, change seats, etc)

Online upgrade queues for using CP certs/miles. It's almost 2012. This "call back tomorrow" routine is BS.

Strive for consistency. Enforce boarding order, honor upgrade queues, make your rules clear and apply them evenly.

A DPQM promo at some point. And a really lucrative shopping promo too.
++++1 on everything dcpatti said. Plus, I would love a year-long nonstop from PHL-PDX-PHL, and not just seasonal service.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: US Gold, DL, AA, UA
Just a two small wishes for 2012.

1. Change the morning flight from GNV to CLT back to 645a (its old time)from its current 519am. That hour and a half makes alot of difference.

2. Think about giving the folks at GNV one of those new slots to DCA.

I know we are a small station but I hope Santa can find room on on his sleigh to include presents for us from USAirways next year.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
1. Stop *net blocking.
2. Get competent DM call center agents
3. Ditch Barclays as their credit card partner and/or join AmEx MR
4. No merger with American
5. Online booking of *A awards
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: Underappreciated US CP, nobody status with everyone else.
Not utilize the recently acquired DCA slots for more flights out of Gate 35 A/B but mainline flying to just about anywhere!
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:14 pm

Ditch terminal F in PHL!
Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Xmas eve wine is starting to hit as I avoid family, so here are 12 things while I make it look like I'm busy working on my laptop:

1: One-Way Awards.
2: *A redemption availability back to what it was in early 2010.
3: dcpatti taking the job posted on here a few days ago.
4: Lots of VDBs on my routes, since I'm not getting upgraded once I drop back to Silver anyway.
5: Online *A redemption.
6: Personal IFE on ALL TATL flights. I've been defecting to CO out of EWR for about the past year, getting sick of the US 752s and 762s to DUB. And better IFE selections on the 333s.
7: Yeungling and Guinness on ALL flights.
8: DEQM promo. Everyone's doing it...
9: A funny, intelligent, and beautiful woman seated next to me on every flight. If she can't be all three, I understand, but search for what you can with those attributes, in that order.
10: If #9 cannot be arranged, perhaps seat blocking for elites, so we have an empty seat to stretch out into.
11: Better customer service at PHL. You know, less of the angry bitter to be at work types.
12: I've run out of things...and I can't sit here staring and not typing or relatives will see an opportunity to engage me in conversation. Time to feign intestinal problems and hide in the bathroom.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
1. Bring back Grand Slam 2012 and lower hotel point criteria, 100 miles instead of 200 miles so we can use HIX, Hampton, etc.
2. Online booking *A Awards
3. One way *A Awards (use whatever CO is using)
4. More partner miles for doing some activity (social media or whatever) not something that requires cash. Some of us are time rich and cash poor!
5. Add Virgin Australia as US partner if they don't join *A so we can get domestic Aussie flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.