Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US move to D gates in LAS? (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: American Gold; SW A list; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
just a lowly LAS based pax who goes wherever us tells me. really no one much to ask here anymore since club closed. hope tsa in earlier post is right! no indication as of 10/11/12 of any chg.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by preguntas
just a lowly LAS based pax who goes wherever us tells me. really no one much to ask here anymore since club closed. hope tsa in earlier post is right! no indication as of 10/11/12 of any chg.
In that case you should hope for a move to D! That would allow you access to the United Club.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by CMK10
In that case you should hope for a move to D! That would allow you access to the United Club.
Not to mention a much nicer physical terminal space. The only upside to A is not having to deal with the shuttle so it's a little bit faster to get to the US gates than any gates in D, but much better food, UA lounge and more in D.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: Free Agent
The old US used to be in D before the merger...much nicer facility.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mersk862
Not to mention a much nicer physical terminal space. The only upside to A is not having to deal with the shuttle so it's a little bit faster to get to the US gates than any gates in D, but much better food, UA lounge and more in D.
Another upside to A is that with so few flights these days there's never a line at the security checkpoint. The C/D lines can be a little extreme as I'm sure you've noticed. But I agree with you, D is an infinitely superior terminal in every other way. And they have a Ruby's!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Plus Club members would get access to the UA club in D.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by ITRADE
Plus Club members would get access to the UA club in D.
If only someone had already said that. Maybe in post #17 for example?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Any updates on this happening? A friend said he saw US gates in D near AA this past weekend. Dunno if those are new or Pre merger gates.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:20 pm

Yes, this is happening tomorrow (July 10). Here's what came out in the employee email:
US Airways Moves To D-Gates in Las Vegas
Starting tomorrow we will begin service out of the D gates at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS) instead of the A gates we currently utilize. We will now be operating out of gates D1, D3, D5, D7, D9 and D14. This move is to benefit our passengers with a more modern and seamless experience. As a result of the move, we are requesting that our customers now check-in 45 minutes prior to departure vs. the 30 minutes we required prior to the move. We now share the concourse with American Airlines and the terminal with Delta, United, Allegiant and Hawaiian. Our ticket counter and baggage claim will remain in the same area, which is in Terminal 1.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ellinj
Any updates on this happening? A friend said he saw US gates in D near AA this past weekend. Dunno if those are new or Pre merger gates.
Yes, it's official!!

US Airways will relocate to D gates. Allegiant Air will takeover at entire A gates. The deal will have to be finalized.

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2013/ju...s-locations-m/
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Mykle
Yes, this is happening tomorrow (July 10). Here's what came out in the employee email:
US Airways Moves To D-Gates in Las Vegas
Starting tomorrow we will begin service out of the D gates at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS) instead of the A gates we currently utilize. We will now be operating out of gates D1, D3, D5, D7, D9 and D14. This move is to benefit our passengers with a more modern and seamless experience. As a result of the move, we are requesting that our customers now check-in 45 minutes prior to departure vs. the 30 minutes we required prior to the move. We now share the concourse with American Airlines and the terminal with Delta, United, Allegiant and Hawaiian. Our ticket counter and baggage claim will remain in the same area, which is in Terminal 1.
I'd love to say that this is a non sequitur; but, alas, it is our modern world, in which a new feature (and "seamless"ness) come with a further delay.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:33 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, it's official!!

US Airways will relocate to D gates. Allegiant Air will takeover at entire A gates. The deal will have to be finalized.

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2013/ju...s-locations-m/
"The move puts US Airways in the same concourse as American Airlines in anticipation of a merger between the two companies"

I doubt this has anything to do with the merger since US has been planning this for quite a while. And I also thought they could not make any operational changes that do any kind of partnering with AA until the merger is official.

Sounds like the writer needed to grab a headline and fill space. The "reason" cited for the move isn't attributed to a US Spokesperson either. Then the writer makes the point that they also are near their Star Alliance partner, UA. The move can't be for both reasons since the AA merger will end their *A partnership. Very shoddy journalism.

Well, at least we can use the United Club until the merger is done...

And, lest we all forget that US was in the D concourse until shortly the HP merger in 2005, so it's more of a homecoming for them unless you count years and years ago before D concourse was built that US was in A....
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: CP USAIR Dividend Miles, Priority Club Platinum , Am Ex Membership Rewards, American AAdvantage
With this move to D gates USAIR passengers will be able to access TSA Pre Check which only operates with D gates. However, you have to take monorail to gates from security area - lines are longer at D usually.
However, if TSA Pre check Preferred you go thru first class line on the right hand side as you face the security lines and do not go thru security with all other passengers. First class is now off by itself.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:13 pm

Well good news is for USClub members you can sneak into the UA Club without having to reclear security - the bad news is the UA Club is in another pier so its a bit of a hike (not terrible though) from the US Gates.

Better news is for Centurion card holders - the Amex lounge is near the US gates! Yay.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
A TSA agent mentioned this to me when I was leaving LAS last week. Can't say I've encountered too many TSA agents trying to be helpful...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.