Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live, Interesting Seat Recline dispute, what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 60K "old miles"
Somehow I randomly got onto this thread. I am not going to comment on the recline issue but there was another comment that I think is interesting.

The offended OP threatened to take a picture of someone and post it on the internet. There was a digression about the legality of this. I am a sometime photographer and this is my take.

You have a legal right to take a picture of a private person in a public place but not to use it commercially and not to defame someone.

I am not a lawyer and don't know the answers ( nor would a lawyer necessarily know the answers it's a broad and complicated profession ). But I would be concerned by two things:

1. For the purposes of this situation is the airplane a private place.

2. The OP's purpose is to defame the other person, I believe that is a no-no. There would be nothing in the picture that would demonstrate the OP's complaint and the OP's purpose is clearly to do harm to the other person. I wouldn't do it for the legal reason, but also I wouldn't do it because I wouldn't try to escalate such a small thing to a large public issue.

Last edited by bubba198; Feb 23, 2013 at 2:18 pm Reason: sp correction
Old Feb 23, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by c502cid
Try as you might on FlyerTalk, someone here always points out you are doing it wrong...lol
Whole-heartedly agree!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Why didn't you trade seats with her? You can fully recline in 4D without anybody behind you objecting.

I would write a complaint to CS. IMO, FA's conduct was less than professional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.