Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can Someone PM me the new Preferred phone number?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold
Can Someone PM me the new Preferred phone number?

I do not have my card on me and need to make a change to a reservation. Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite
Originally Posted by BOS2DCA
I do not have my card on me and need to make a change to a reservation. Thanks!
NO ONE should be posting this number online. That would result in everyone being able to use that #, then the real preferreds will never be able to get through. If you really need the number, call the regular 800#, the agent will give you the preferred # once he confirms you are INDEED a preferred member.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisdenver1
NO ONE should be posting this number online. That would result in everyone being able to use that #, then the real preferreds will never be able to get through. If you really need the number, call the regular 800#, the agent will give you the preferred # once he confirms you are INDEED a preferred member.
I asked for a PM, NOT a general posting. I would NEVER ask for that. I did call the regular number, and the automated system recognized my cell phone and routed me to the preferred desk. BTW I've been a CP for years. Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Wait a second. There's a "new" Preferred #? And this would be different than what's on my Platinum card? Did I miss another memo (not the first, won't be the last)?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Wait a second. There's a "new" Preferred #? And this would be different than what's on my Platinum card? Did I miss another memo (not the first, won't be the last)?
It would be the phone number on the card you received in 2011. I didn't have it on me and didn't enter the new one into my Android. I had memorized the old number that isn't working anymore and there's no referring number.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite
I was calling the CP line frequently in May for reward travel, using the "old" number. They had a message stating that the number was changing (I was using the # I had on file from 5 years ago when I first made CP) and would no longer be accessible in the near future. I was patched through the CP desk and got the new #, but I'm not sure how long the old # remained active, nor do I know how much notice they gave everyone...it caught me a little off-guard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.