Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where can I purchase day passes to lounge for cheap?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Where can I purchase day passes to lounge for cheap?

I'm flying to NY from FLL with long stops in between. Flight have been purchased for upcoming December. I was wondering where I can get some day passes for the lounge for cheap instead of paying $50 bucks at counter or signing up for a credit card.

I used to have a USAirways credit card six years ago and they would give me two day passes per year free. Do they still do that and do people sell their day passes?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:01 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
you get one per year with the credit card. You can also buy them when purchasing your ticket, it will give you an option online. I believe its$25 but i could be wrong.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
On here after you're a member for awhile and have contributed there is a section called Coupon Connection where people trade and sometimes even Give away things like this. If someone has a soon to expire pass and won't use it they often will use this to not let it go to waste. Contribute and you'll be rewarded with access. As your travel is not until December you have time.
OR they have a 90 day pass that is $120 bucks so if this a RT at the $50 one day access pass you'd pay $20 more to have access if you travel again within that 90 day period. Not as attractive as cheap but it would open you to more access.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
The credit card day passes come with the cardholder's name printed on them. If you were to buy them from someone (which can't be arranged on Flyertalk; you can trade once you've had enough time and posts to get access to Coupon Connection) it's not guaranteed that they'll be accepted. Some agents are quite strict on this.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:04 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Smile join Priority Pass lounges

Originally Posted by melloyelloguy
I'm flying to NY from FLL with long stops in between. Flight have been purchased for upcoming December. I was wondering where I can get some day passes for the lounge for cheap instead of paying $50 bucks at counter or signing up for a credit card.

I used to have a USAirways credit card six years ago and they would give me two day passes per year free. Do they still do that and do people sell their day passes?
Simple. Join Priority Pass:
https://www.prioritypass.com/cpc/ind...FdBrKgod91Em5w
$99 membership plus $27 per visit. Or $249 all in for 10 annual visits.
Alternatively, if you have Am Ex Plat, call them. Priority Pass membership is included.
ps Say hi to Mickey for me
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:12 am

Programs: Delta, UA
If you watch eBay, you will occasionally see these pop up for 20 bucks or so.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Alternatively, if you have Am Ex Plat, call them. Priority Pass membership is included.
If you have AMEX Platinum you technically don't need the Priority Pass because you can access US Clubs just by presenting your AMEX Platinum card.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: US Gold, SPG Gold
There's also the Skyguide Executive Privilege Club (not joking about the name...).

It's an Amex Publishing thing, but the important part is that the first year of membership is something like $20 and then something like $40 in later years, and they reimburse club day passes to any airline club up to $50 per pass and up to 12 times per year.

It's what I've been using for a while when the layover is worth burning 1/12 of a year's supply, but given the EQM offer now and the *A Club access that the US Club membership offers, I might be moving away from it.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by kylesuo
If you watch eBay, you will occasionally see these pop up for 20 bucks or so.
Also check Craigslist and Kijiji.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
Originally Posted by FlyingPLD
There's also the Skyguide Executive Privilege Club (not joking about the name...).

It's an Amex Publishing thing, but the important part is that the first year of membership is something like $20 and then something like $40 in later years, and they reimburse club day passes to any airline club up to $50 per pass and up to 12 times per year.
Looks like it's now two months free, then $199 per year. If it were 20 bucks a year I might do it just to have a backup for when Amex Plat doesn't have options...!

http://www.skyguideclub.com/info/join.aspx
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:50 pm

Programs: US Gold, SPG Gold
I got it as a targeted option from Amex as a mailer, and it was $3 for 2 months and then $30 for the next 12. I'm good until May, but if it hits $199, then there's almost no argument against either Club membership or Amex Platinum.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by armattheus
On here after you're a member for awhile and have contributed there is a section called Coupon Connection where people trade and sometimes even Give away things like this. If someone has a soon to expire pass and won't use it they often will use this to not let it go to waste. Contribute and you'll be rewarded with access. As your travel is not until December you have time.
Seeing as he joined 2 days ago, the new CC access is 6 months, he won't make it to then.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Where is the OP's "long stops in between"? If it's at DCA, you can buy a United Red Carpet Club pass for $39, it's accessible from the US gates via the shuttle bus. They are always available for $39 online at united.com/rcc
Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by nevansm
Where is the OP's "long stops in between"? If it's at DCA, you can buy a United Red Carpet Club pass for $39, it's accessible from the US gates via the shuttle bus. They are always available for $39 online at united.com/rcc
Why am I not surprised you replied to this thread...
Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by uva185
Why am I not surprised you replied to this thread...
Gotta help out my fellow Star Alliance travelers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.