Wiki Posts
Search

Question re; email notification of domestic upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Question re; email notification of domestic upgrades

On domestic flights, I have been getting email notification of upgrade status for the outbound flight, but not for the return flight. Is this normal procedure, or am I missing something/ I am silver, if that makes a difference. I realize, upgrade chances are usually slim for SP, but do they routinely email just for the outbound flight only?

Thanks for your help
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by ronotg
...do they routinely email just for the outbound flight only?
I get email upgrade (or lack of it ) notification for both outbound and return flights.

It's not uncommon for glitches in the email system for all levels of Preferreds; just check your PNR online to see if seat assignments have changed ...
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Dia, MR G
Obviously if the return is 3 days later then the return upgrade email is 3 days later also. I presume that you mean ever?

In a similar vein, I often get the flight alert notices for the second leg of a multi-segment flight, but not the first. Makes no sense to me.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
It's very hit or miss for me--not sure why, but the system seems to have some glitches.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Thanks for the feedback.

I don't fly US domestic that often, but I have yet to receive an email for the return leg, ever. But there is always hope. I do check my seat assignments, and I do OLCI right at 24 hrs. plus 2 minutes if I can, and often get a complimentary upgrade at that time.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
If the return is on a regional jet, there will be no email as there is no first class cabin on those planes yet. Same with a multi-segment trip on either direction. No email if there's no F cabin.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 3:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by dcpatti
If the return is on a regional jet, there will be no email as there is no first class cabin on those planes yet. Same with a multi-segment trip on either direction. No email if there's no F cabin.
I've actually received emails saying that the flight wasn't eligible for an upgrade.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
And to this date I have never received an email from US concerning upgrade status! I do receive emails on day of departure with status updates. The email address in my profile is correct as I receive emails when I book a flight at usairways.com. I have mentioned this to the CP desk several times with no success.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by aztimm
I've actually received emails saying that the flight wasn't eligible for an upgrade.
Weird. On mine, say I'm going DCA-PHL-SFO and the first segment is on an RJ. my email only shows PHL-SFO and the upgrade status.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:42 pm

I flew DFW-PHX-RNO this past Sunday and I am flying the return tomorrow. I have not received an email for the upgrade on Sunday, but I was upgraded on the outbound and inbound. I found out when I did the online check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.