Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Lounge access

So I am a new Star silver and got an upgrade to first. It is a domestic flight. Do I get access to the lounge at departure and connecting airport?

Thanks

TD
Old May 24, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Nope.
Old May 24, 2011, 11:40 am

Lounge access is only for gold and higher when travelling on an international flight, or when travelling in Envoy regardless of status.
Old May 24, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by alanh
Lounge access is only for gold and higher when travelling on an international flight, or when travelling in Envoy regardless of status.
Or on a paid membership.

Any status with US/CO/UA flying domestically = no access other than on paid membership

Any domestic F ticket, be it upgrade or paid = no access other than on paid membership

And not everything outside the US counts as "international." For example, the Caribbean.
Old May 24, 2011, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys. Just figurerd I would ask.
Old May 24, 2011, 12:58 pm

Or you can get in with the Platinum American Express
Old May 24, 2011, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by tdktown
So I am a new Star silver and got an upgrade to first. It is a domestic flight. Do I get access to the lounge at departure and connecting airport?

Thanks

TD
You can: 1) buy a membership, or 2) buy a day pass. Neither are worth it from US because you must pay extra to use UA/CO. Conversely, UA gets you CO and US and is cheaper.
Old May 24, 2011, 6:06 pm

Programs: US C.P.
Originally Posted by Often1
You can: 1) buy a membership, or 2) buy a day pass. Neither are worth it from US because you must pay extra to use UA/CO. Conversely, UA gets you CO and US and is cheaper.
Thatīs incorrect. Your US club membership gets you into both Red Carpet Lounges as well as Presidentīs Club Lounges.
Old May 24, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by itsme110
Thatīs incorrect. Your US club membership gets you into both Red Carpet Lounges as well as Presidentīs Club Lounges.
Yes, itsme and dcpatti are 100% correct on this. I have used the Red Carpet Lounge and the President's Club Lounges with my US Club Card on many many occasions over the past year. It has never been an issue. Granted, the 'reception' by some of the Red Carpet Lounge 'door' attendants has been less than warm, but I really don't care about that. A place to sit, some coffee, and wi-fi usually suits me just fine.
Old May 24, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: US C.P.
Originally Posted by miffSC
Yes, itsme and dcpatti are 100% correct on this. I have used the Red Carpet Lounge and the President's Club Lounges with my US Club Card on many many occasions over the past year. It has never been an issue. Granted, the 'reception' by some of the Red Carpet Lounge 'door' attendants has been less than warm, but I really don't care about that. A place to sit, some coffee, and wi-fi usually suits me just fine.
^^ So right. Dragon and Angel get respecively defined by RC club and USAirways Club. Our gals are the best.
Old May 24, 2011, 8:46 pm

As the OP said "Star Silver" rather than the DM equivalent...

It might be appropriate to throw in the little reminder that "foreign" Star Golds get US/UA/CO lounge access on ANY domestic itinerary as well....
Old May 24, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by itsme110
^^ So right. Dragon and Angel get respecively defined by RC club and USAirways Club. Our gals are the best.
Again, agree with you there! I especially love the ladies in the CLT Clubs! They are absolutely wonderful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.