Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

The absolutely worst US Dividend Miles valuation ever (Points.com->PayPal)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The absolutely worst US Dividend Miles valuation ever (Points.com->PayPal)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Steven NH/BOS
My miles were expiring in a couple of months and I fly other airlines. It looks as though the Points.com/Paypal offer has changed. Here is what I exchanged:

60,295 US Air Miles

$250.00 Paypal

Too late, but for 60K miles, you could have done many things -- for example, you could have taken a number of non-US airlines to North Asia for a rt in Y. And you could have easily prevented your US miles from expiring in many ways.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
My miles were expiring in a couple of months and I fly other airlines. It looks as though the Points.com/Paypal offer has changed. Here is what I exchanged:

60,295 US Air Miles

$250.00 Paypal
Reminds me of when I FINALLY figured out how to redeem my 25,000 US mileage balance, that I had been accumulating for years, from back in the HP days, for a round-trip, SEA-LAS... though I had to buy two one-way tickets back to SEA and from SEA to make it work for the dates I needed to be in LAS.

Those 25,000 miles would have come in handy during the last share miles promotion, when I did various things to convert/buy/share miles into a 120,000 mile award that puts me in Hong Kong and Germany, flying first class all the way. I looked at what the ticket would have cost me on Orbitz- $24,000.

But I DID save a couple hundred dollars on a round-trip ticket to Vegas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.