Wiki Posts
Search

Q1 Promo Timing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
Q1 Promo Timing

I've got a bunch of trips in February I need to book but I am hopeful of a Q1 promo...any idea when these usually come out?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
The double PQM one for 2010 started around April; in 2009 it started around March. There's usually a Mastercard double bonus miles (not PQM) before that. But it's very tough to predict. If US is going to court anyone currently flying UA/CO looking for a change based on what they don't like about the combined UA/CO program, US may roll a DPQM promo sooner than that. It's all speculation though; there might not even be a Q1 promo. Take your chances: book sooner for better fares, or hold out longer for a chance at a promo. I'm in the same boat, and also eagerly awaiting a sale on a couple of trips I need to book.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
The double promo in 1Q 2009 started the week after I bought my MR to MUC...
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by aztimm
The double promo in 1Q 2009 started the week after I bought my MR to MUC...
Could you please buy another MR to MUC then, and don't keep us waiting?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by dcpatti
Could you please buy another MR to MUC then, and don't keep us waiting?
Haha. I went to MAD last year (mid-May on the 2Q DPQM promo), and think I'd rather MAD, even more so for 1Q. Living in the PHX area, even one day of winter in MUC is a bit much
I speak Spanish and German about equally, so I'll take either.
I haven't thoroughly checked prices, but it doesn't sound like the deals are there that we've seen in years past...yet.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by aztimm
Haha. I went to MAD last year (mid-May on the 2Q DPQM promo), and think I'd rather MAD, even more so for 1Q. Living in the PHX area, even one day of winter in MUC is a bit much
Unless a volcano erupts. You ended up with a somewhat pricey Lusitania train ticket to LIS just to get home didn't you? Then maybe some dirt cheap HNL fares would be nice instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.