Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Grand Slam 2011 Advance Discussion: US 'Tweets' its coming soon (Merged thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2011 Advance Discussion: US 'Tweets' its coming soon (Merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 2:34 pm

Great chart. Should La Quinta be included?
Old May 10, 2011, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewArrival
Great chart. Should La Quinta be included?
From the 2010 terms:

Earn 1 Hit when you convert hotel points from a qualifying partner into Dividend Miles. Maximum 1 Hit per qualifying partner. There are 10 qualifying partners: Accor (AClub), Best Western Rewards, Choice Privileges, Hilton HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport, InterContinental Hotels Group (Priority Club), Marriott Rewards, Radisson Gold Points Plus, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) and Wyndham Rewards.
So I think I've got all of the qualifying ones.
Old May 10, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Yeah but LaQuinta wasn't a US partner at all during GS 2010. That partnership is new. Which is why you don't see them on GS2010 but you might see them on GS2011. I would err on the side of "too much information" rather than too little.
Old May 10, 2011, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcpatti
Yeah but LaQuinta wasn't a US partner at all during GS 2010. That partnership is new. Which is why you don't see them on GS2010 but you might see them on GS2011. I would err on the side of "too much information" rather than too little.
Are they a partner now? I don't see them here:

http://www.lq.com/lq/returns/nmembers/airline.jsp
Old May 10, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
They are on this page: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...es/hotels.html
Old May 10, 2011, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcpatti
Got it - so I think they'll work in the other area of stays where you get credit for up to six stays, but not for a transfer necessarily. But if they get added as a transfer partner, I'll add it.
Old May 11, 2011, 7:14 am

Marriott has a shopping mall as well. Not a quick way of earning 10K MR points, but useful if you need to top off an amount of < 1K
Old May 11, 2011, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by honu
Marriott has a shopping mall as well. Not a quick way of earning 10K MR points, but useful if you need to top off an amount of < 1K
Thanks; added.
Old May 11, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Best Western elite members can purhcase points. Best Western also has a very generous status match program, seems like a petty use of a status match but if you need hit #36...
Old May 11, 2011, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Best Western elite members can purhcase points. Best Western also has a very generous status match program, seems like a petty use of a status match but if you need hit #36...
Thanks - updated.
Old May 16, 2011, 6:46 pm

For those of us counting on Coupon Connection to find an SPG elite member for the 1-point transfer hit this year, keep in mind that CC's eligibility minimum just doubled, making it unlikely that I (and others?) will join CC in time to talk trades with SPG elites for the GS hit. The minimum's now 180 posts/180 days: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/town-...uirements.html.
Not sure I'll post enough on FT before Grand Slam launches (if it does). Worth noting in case you were planning on the 90/90 mark with balloons, confetti and cakes. Like me. Perfectly good cake, too.
Old May 16, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
For those of us counting on Coupon Connection to find an SPG elite member for the 1-point transfer hit this year, keep in mind that CC's eligibility minimum just doubled, making it unlikely that I (and others?) will join CC in time to talk trades with SPG elites for the GS hit. The minimum's now 180 posts/180 days: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/town-...uirements.html.
Not sure I'll post enough on FT before Grand Slam launches (if it does). Worth noting in case you were planning on the 90/90 mark with balloons, confetti and cakes. Like me. Perfectly good cake, too.
A belated welcome to FT, New Arrival. I don't think you will have anything to worry about for the one point SPG transfer. There are enough people here in the US Forum who will be more than happy to help out. As far as the 180 posts, you will be able to reach those in plenty of time... just chime in whenever you have something to say (and you can always visit the Community Lounge for a chat or two)
Old May 16, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold
Oh (that was my post #90)
Old May 16, 2011, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Huh. Interesting. I've never really even been to the coupon connection but I guess I'll have access.

Is it against the rules for people to trade that point around in other threads, if it applies to the subject of the thread?
Old May 16, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
I think most of the 'one point-ers' (as it were) were actually given to people out of kindness by the donors. I am not sure what sort of point trading may have taken place in CC as it might relate to Grand Slam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.