Wiki Posts
Search

Special US Club Pricing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Chairman, PetSmart PetPerks Elite
Special US Club Pricing

Just got an email offering one year memberships to the US Airways Club for 249. Not a bad price. I'm not sure if any other discounts are applicable. Copy below:

Dear VINCENTVAN,
Dividend Miles #: *******

3-days only – a sale just for you. Get a membership for $249.*
Now's the perfect time to get a US Airways Club membership! It's only $249 – but this price will only last 3 days. Hurry to enjoy all the benefits, access to over 250 clubs and a world of more comfortable travel.

Annual rate $325
Instant savings $76
3-day discount rate $249

Join now

You can also call club services at 800-828-8522 or stop by any club to sign up!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to the t&c's, no other discounts applicable. My annual rate was higher--$450.

*Terms & conditions: $249 club offer is available for all new US Airways Club enrollees, former members who have expired within the past 6 months, and current members within 90 days of membership expiration. This offer is only valid from September 27, 2010 to September 29, 2010. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or promotional offer. New member initiation fee will be waived with this offer and discount is already included in $249 price. Offer is valid for single memberships only. Customers wishing to purchase a spouse add-on may do so for an additional $225. Dividend Miles membership required. All US Airways Club and Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:42 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by vincentvan
Just got an email offering one year memberships to the US Airways Club for 249. Not a bad price. I'm not sure if any other discounts are applicable. Copy below:

Dear VINCENTVAN,
Dividend Miles #: *******

3-days only – a sale just for you. Get a membership for $249.*
Now's the perfect time to get a US Airways Club membership! It's only $249 – but this price will only last 3 days. Hurry to enjoy all the benefits, access to over 250 clubs and a world of more comfortable travel.

Annual rate $325
Instant savings $76
3-day discount rate $249

Join now

You can also call club services at 800-828-8522 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting..............800-828-8522......end_of_the_skype_highlighting or stop by any club to sign up!
I too received this offer. It's available generally at http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...b/default.html.

You may be able to combine this with 3k preferred qualifying miles, per:

"3,000 Preferred-qualifying miles for new club members*
Earn 3,000 Preferred-qualifying miles when you buy an annual membership by September 30, 2010. Enroll online and use promo code CEB3K or call 800-828-8522 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 800-828-8522 end_of_the_skype_highlighting."

This was from: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...andoffers.html
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Plus $50 join fee, I believe.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apeortdz
According to the t&c's, new member initiation fee is waived.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Does any club membership also work at the CO and UA clubs, or only specific types?

I also received the email and the offer is quite tempting.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:16 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aztimm
Does any club membership also work at the CO and UA clubs, or only specific types?
Having a US Airways Club membership opens you to a world of comfortable travel – one membership gives you access to all US Airways Clubs, Continental’s Presidents Clubs, United’s Red Carpet Clubs and Star Alliance lounges.* So anytime and almost any where you travel, you’ll have access to over 250 clubs worldwide.

*To visit a Star Alliance lounge, other than Continental's Presidents Clubs and United's Red Carpet Clubs, you’ll need to present a same-day boarding pass for travel on any Star Alliance flight.

--

For $250 I would consider a club membership if I did not have an AMEX Platinum already. Since I live in PIT I can use the club at PIT regardless of what airline I fly and most times if I am connecting it is through CLT/PHL/PHX so I am covered at those locations. I don't fly CO or UA much and when I do it is usually a non stop to EWR or ORD so I am just missing out on going to the club on the way back. Star Alliance clubs are somewhat redundant with Star Gold status.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chicagorich
Oh yes, you are correct. But on the website (if you want the 3000 PQM bonus) I believe you must pay the $50 fee.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:03 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
The best offer before this was on Valentines day when you and your spouse could both be members for 400$ for the year. I think this is another good one.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: US1, HHDiamond, MR Lifetime Plat, Nat'l Exec, Avis 1st, Priority Plat
conflicting info?

In one section it states:

To visit a Star Alliance lounge, other than Continental's Presidents Clubs and United's Red Carpet Clubs, you’ll need to present a same-day boarding pass for travel on any Star Alliance flight.

In another it says:

--Includes access to all US Airways Clubs, United Red Carpet Clubs, Continental Presidents Clubs and Star Alliance lounges. You must present a same-day United Airlines boarding pass to access a Red Carpet Club.

I've asked for clarification but does anyone know which is correct?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Did US get a liquor license for BOS yet?

I know there was talk that all airport licenses would become available for a set fee and the rest would be returned to the City of Boston license pool. This would free up a bunch of licenses. I'm not sure if it went anywhere yet, but thought I'd ask.

If you aren't familiar with MA liquor licenses, you'd be surprised how crazy it is to get one....
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: US C.P.
Originally Posted by orfflyer

To visit a Star Alliance lounge, other than Continental's Presidents Clubs and United's Red Carpet Clubs, you’ll need to present a same-day boarding pass for travel on any Star Alliance flight.

In another it says:

--Includes access to all US Airways Clubs, United Red Carpet Clubs, Continental Presidents Clubs and Star Alliance lounges. You must present a same-day United Airlines boarding pass to access a Red Carpet Club.

I use RCL at ORD with my Club card no problem. I´m 99% sure there is full reciprocity now with UA and CO. That being said, I don´t use the RCLs very often. They don´t have complimentary internet.........at least at ORD
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by orfflyer

In another it says:

Same-day boarding pass is only needed for Star Alliance lounges that are not US/CO/UA.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Originally Posted by chicagorich
I'm a bit confused. On the US Airways website page with the $249 offer, it states "New memberships are subject to a $50 new membership initiation fee." and when you select the club prices, it also states "Does not include $50 new member initiation fee."

I don't see the terms and condition anywhere on the page that says $50 waived?

Also, does anyone know if UA gives US Club members Tmobile passes when they go to RCC?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
got a Tmobile pass at RCC in Dulles last week.

Jimbo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.