Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Removed from US Airways flt last night

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:49 pm
Original Member

If you're the same cherylsiscon whose public Facebook photo is of a woman raising a wine glass, I'd probably change or remove that photo before contacting anyone. Just sayin'.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:51 pm

Completely unacceptable.

I would be 100% sure to cc your lawyer in whatever communication it is that you engage in with US Airways when determining compensation (and you are owed big time); it is important that they understand that you mean business and that they take this incident seriously.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by caspritz78
Unbelievable story. Did US Airways issued some warning about "non-responsive" customers and now the attendants are hyper sensitive? Is it allowed to sleep on a US Airways plane since you are "non-responsive" when sleeping.

This freaks me out. What kind of society the USA become? A lawyer ruled one? Do I need always a lawyer on 7/24 standby? This is really scary!
I think you are greatly overreacting.. First off, remember that we are only getting one side of the story. Also remember that regardless of what happened, situations like this dont exactly occur all the time. If they did, nobody would want to travel.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by londonienne
Completely unacceptable.

I would be 100% sure to cc your lawyer in whatever communication it is that you engage in with US Airways when determining compensation (and you are owed big time); it is important that they understand that you mean business and that they take this incident seriously.
Maybe US Airways should be given a chance to respond before going the lawyer route.... Going the lawyer route will end up with guaranteed legal expenses but no guarantee of any sort of positive resolution or payout.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:09 pm

CCing the lawyer should cost her nothing and is just for the documentary record. Also is a clear signal to the airline of her intentions failing a meaningful response to rectify the situation and placate her.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by londonienne
CCing the lawyer should cost her nothing and is just for the documentary record. Also is a clear signal to the airline of her intentions failing a meaningful response to rectify the situation and placate her.
Not neccessarily. By CCng the lawyer, the lawyer is getting involved and some may charge for that. Also, if she goes the route of CCng her lawyer, then I would be willing to bet that the situation would be referred to their legal/risk management and take it out of the hands of customer relations. Thats how most companies that I've worked for operate.

Just let US respond. Why are people so quick to go to a lawyer before giving situations they encounter a chance to resolve themselves?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:37 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Djlawman
If you're the same cherylsiscon whose public Facebook photo is of a woman raising a wine glass, I'd probably change or remove that photo before contacting anyone. Just sayin'.
When I first read this post (before looking at the photo), I thought the post was ridiculous. But after seeing that photo, well...
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by tommyleo
When I first read this post (before looking at the photo), I thought the post was ridiculous. But after seeing that photo, well...
To be fair, a Facebook picture, in this case, is pretty much irrelevent. So the OP drank wine once while out with friends. She even admitted to two drink on the previous flight.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by tommyleo
But after seeing that photo, well...
You mean: "Exhibit No. 1" for the defense?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:24 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by GaryZ
You mean: "Exhibit No. 1" for the defense?
Wisely removed, it would appear.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Silver status
Thank you for your reply. Trust me I am very eager to get US Airways response to the incident and I will gladly share with this post what the response is.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice on that!
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: US CP; Marriott G
Originally Posted by laclac01

Really how did the FA know this person was drinking at all if they had NO contact with the FA... Pretty big coincidence don't you think?
Really Cherylsiscon, I think we deserve an answer to this question. What do you think? It would give us more incite on this whole situation.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by laclac01
Really Cherylsiscon, I think we deserve an answer to this question. What do you think? It would give us more incite on this whole situation.
The word is "insight," and this is not a kangaroo court. The assembled ad hoc "jury" is not entitled to cross-examine the OP.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

They asked me if I had been drinking and I responded that I had 2 drinks on the previous flight. The drinks were consumed several hours before even getting into phoenix. I had one before take off and one shortly after than slept the rest of the flt. I requested a test because I felt that they were going to say that I was intoxicated and I wanted proof that I wasn't. I was told that the airport medical could not handle my request and that I would have to go to the hospital if I wanted a blood alcohol test. I was not intoxicated, I was tired which was substantiated by 4 US Airways employees who disagreed with the flight attendants evaluation. I was issued a ticket for the next flt. within 15 min. after being removed from my initial flight. I was also offered an apology from the US Airways agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.