Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by TAWS
Since you are gold, it would be [email protected] (you should receive an automatic reply). What exactly did they tell you when you called...be patient?
I called twice. The first call was made last Wed/Thurs. I was told to be patient, and I could send an email to [email protected] to ask for the clarification. I was then replied with a reference number, and they said they would reply in 3-5 days. I called 10min ago again with the phone number and the reference number I had, but the Gold line could not do anything for me at this point. They told me to email DMSC again to clarify.

Are you actually done with four points at the 27th-30th segment? Did you get those four points done before the 30th segment was reached, or after the 30th segment was completed. By looking your track record, I could figure out whether your last bump was because of the HSJ or 30th segment was done.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:22 pm

I just got another email reply back, just another reference number. It's just not easy...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
I called twice. The first call was made last Wed/Thurs. I was told to be patient, and I could send an email to [email protected] to ask for the clarification. I was then replied with a reference number, and they said they would reply in 3-5 days. I called 10min ago again with the phone number and the reference number I had, but the Gold line could not do anything for me at this point. They told me to email DMSC again to clarify.

Are you actually done with four points at the 27th-30th segment? Did you get those four points done before the 30th segment was reached, or after the 30th segment was completed. By looking your track record, I could figure out whether your last bump was because of the HSJ or 30th segment was done.
I got my 4th point before the 30 segments was completed but that shouldn't matter. It's possible that HSJ updated first but someone in this thread mentioned they were on the trial and HSJ bumped them up. Out of all the people I talked, no one has said anything that would make me think the status bump won't happen, so I'll be patient for a few more days.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:31 pm

I got my 4th point before the 30 segments was completed but that shouldn't matter. It's possible that HSJ updated first but someone in this thread mentioned they were on the trial and HSJ bumped them up. Out of all the people I talked, no one has said anything that would make me think the status bump won't happen, so I'll be patient for a few more days.
If it's HSJ that gave us GP and PP respectively, then we needed to have some cases where people actually finished their trial and get higher elite status after the HSJ bumped them up, and later the system found that out and readjusted the elite status such that the trial got bumped first, and then the HSJ got them bumped again. I know a lot of people got bumped from dirt to Gold because they finished 10th segment and four points, but not so many could be bumped from silver all the way up to CP by using these two promotions at the same time.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Oct 11, 2010 at 3:51 pm
Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:37 pm

One thing that I don't like about their follow-up with this particular situation is that I will have another 4-segment flight this weekend, and if HSJ doesn't bump me to PP, I could still have got five segments for cheap to finish up with 30, then that will definitely be able to bump me to PP. If they hang it on then I won't be able to tell. My trial is done on Oct 22.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
No HSJ and not sure if it helps you figure things out but FWIW, my status changed to Gold the day after I crossed the 15,000 mile threshold during my free Silver trial (and my trial doesn't officially end till around 10/22 as well. But I'm content as Gold for 2011...unless I get the proverbial wild hair and grab me another 7,000 miles in the next week or so. )
Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:20 pm

re: posting of flights- I did a one-day MR last week and got an email today posting retained CP status thru Feb. 2012. I had to fly several extra segments to get the 2 HSJs needed for status but no glitches on this one.

This definitely takes the pressure off the rest of the year as I wasn't close to 100k so ^ to all for the suggestions.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Talking

I just have to do it......

Dear MiffSC,
Dividend Miles member: xxxxxxxx

You made it!

Welcome to Chairman's Preferred. On behalf of over 33,000 employees worldwide, thank you for being a loyal customer. We'll be mailing your new Preferred membership kit soon. We hope you enjoy being Chairman's Preferred.

Again, many many many thanks to everyone in this Thread (and the FlyerTalk Community) who posted ideas, encouragement, and even pictures (Tommyleo!). This has been an incredibly fun experience!

Now.... where do I want to go next.....????
Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Originally Posted by jrpaguia
No HSJ and not sure if it helps you figure things out but FWIW, my status changed to Gold the day after I crossed the 15,000 mile threshold during my free Silver trial (and my trial doesn't officially end till around 10/22 as well. But I'm content as Gold for 2011...unless I get the proverbial wild hair and grab me another 7,000 miles in the next week or so. )
WOAH WOAH WOAH! HOLD ON! Are you saying if you only pay for the silver trial, but fly the required amount for the gold you actually end up as GP?!?!?!?! This could be incredible news.

Could someone please verify this? This would actually make me really made since I just finished my trial at 13k+. Just yesterday I did a hsj run PHL-CLT-BTR thinking I only neded the hsj points. Had I known, I would have added an extra leg or two to bump be up to 15k. That way, I would have gotten gold via trial and platinum via HSJ...

Is that really the way this thing could have worked?! Damn!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Dia, MR G
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
One thing that I don't like about their follow-up with this particular situation is that I will have another 4-segment flight this weekend, and if HSJ doesn't bump me to PP, I could still have got five segments for cheap to finish up with 30, then that will definitely be able to bump me to PP. If they hang it on then I won't be able to tell. My trial is done on Oct 22.
Please all report back as the trials end. I have 4 h/s/j and will complete 30 segments before the end of my trial in 3 weeks. I am anticipating CP after everything. It would be nice to know that the system is working.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:14 pm

In my experience, this is exactly how it works. If you pay for a trial, you get whatever status (after the trial) that you were able to fly. If you fly enough to get CP, you get CP (even if you only paid for a silver trial). The only reason to pay "extra" for a CP trial (from dirt, for example) is that you can start flying as a CP instantly. If you're only concerned about "long term" status, then you just have to fly the trial as if you'd paid for the "bigger" trial, and you will earn that status.

I paid for a gold trial a few years ago and wound up flying enough to go PP, so I don't know if this rule still holds today, but it certainly did 3-4 years ago.

Originally Posted by ariyo15
WOAH WOAH WOAH! HOLD ON! Are you saying if you only pay for the silver trial, but fly the required amount for the gold you actually end up as GP?!?!?!?! This could be incredible news.

Could someone please verify this? This would actually make me really made since I just finished my trial at 13k+. Just yesterday I did a hsj run PHL-CLT-BTR thinking I only neded the hsj points. Had I known, I would have added an extra leg or two to bump be up to 15k. That way, I would have gotten gold via trial and platinum via HSJ...

Is that really the way this thing could have worked?! Damn!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:16 pm

[QUOTE=ariyo15;14927624]WOAH WOAH WOAH! HOLD ON! Are you saying if you only pay for the silver trial, but fly the required amount for the gold you actually end up as GP?!?!?!?!

Yes.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by mjfink
In my experience, this is exactly how it works. If you pay for a trial, you get whatever status (after the trial) that you were able to fly. If you fly enough to get CP, you get CP (even if you only paid for a silver trial). The only reason to pay "extra" for a CP trial (from dirt, for example) is that you can start flying as a CP instantly. If you're only concerned about "long term" status, then you just have to fly the trial as if you'd paid for the "bigger" trial, and you will earn that status.

I paid for a gold trial a few years ago and wound up flying enough to go PP, so I don't know if this rule still holds today, but it certainly did 3-4 years ago.
That makes me so mad. Oh man. Does anyone know the exact mileage given for PHL-CLT-BTR-CLT-PHL?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by ariyo15
That makes me so mad. Oh man. Does anyone know the exact mileage given for PHL-CLT-BTR-CLT-PHL?
2,350 using the 500 elite minimum.

By the way, disconnect in US IT. Completed 4 h/s/j within the trial. Just got the "Welcome to Silver" email. According to T&C the status change does not take place until the trial is over for those in a trial. Hope this doesn't mess up my CP for the 30 trial segments and h/s/j once my trial ends.

Keep in mind that in the trial only BIS miles count - not double-up, etc.

Last edited by airgator; Oct 11, 2010 at 7:49 pm Reason: added info
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by airgator
2,350 using the 500 elite minimum.

By the way, disconnect in US IT. Completed 4 h/s/j within the trial. Just got the "Welcome to Silver" email. According to T&C the status change does not take place until the trial is over for those in a trial. Hope this doesn't mess up my CP for the 30 trial segments and h/s/j once my trial ends.
Uggg...2,344 mi. short of Platinum! Why am I such an idiot? Haha. I could have easily fit that into my BTR run yesterday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.