Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exchange US Air Paper MCO from a VDB for a *A MCO?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE
Exchange US Air Paper MCO from a VDB for a *A MCO?

Hi all,

Not familiar enough with US Air to know if this is possible or not but since AC does it I figured it was worth a shot. I recently received a paper MCO for a pump but I tend not to fly on US Air (or in the states) very much. With AC I know you can send in the MCO and they'll exchange it for a Star Alliance MCO.. can this be done with US Air? Or am I stuck with the credit on US Air?

Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Hi all,

Not familiar enough with US Air to know if this is possible or not but since AC does it I figured it was worth a shot. I recently received a paper MCO for a pump but I tend not to fly on US Air (or in the states) very much. With AC I know you can send in the MCO and they'll exchange it for a Star Alliance MCO.. can this be done with US Air? Or am I stuck with the credit on US Air?

Thanks!
You're stuck with whatever you accepted. Check the T&C closely to see if the voucher you have permits bookings on codeshare partners (some do, some don't). In particular you're looking for the following language: "May be used toward the price of one ticket/one fare on US Airways, US Airways Shuttle, and US Airways Express, as well as their codeshare partners."

This won't allow you to book on any *A flight, but if the flight has a US codeshare number you can book it (though you'll probably have to go thru a half dozen agents to get one that can read and understand the rules of the voucher).
Old Jun 26, 2010, 3:57 pm

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.0.19692/18.794; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Bump vouchers do allow code-share. US does have quite a few code-share agreements with Star partners including LH, LX, JK(Spanair), SN, BD, SQ, NH and a few other Star and non-Star. No Air Canada, however!

-Kinglobjaw
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE
Belated thanks for all the tips!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.