Buy up to PLAT, get free Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Buy up to PLAT, get free Club Membership

It is probably targeted since I am Gold but I got this today:

"Dear docr775

Become a Platinum Preferred member for only $989 and we'll reactivate your
US Airways Club membership for free. After you buy up to Preferred, we'll automatically reactivate your membership so you can begin enjoying your US Airways Club membership in just a few days."

Now, if I can get that PLAT until 2012, I will jump on it. I am waiting to hear back from DM CSR.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
I got basically the same offer this evening, though at first I thought it might be some sort of phishing scam because it takes you to a myusairways.com page and then to a usairwayspreferred.com page. I didn't realize US owned all these domains, though it seems like those are legit sites.

Still, it bothers me a bit that if you go through to the buy-up sign-up page, it doesn't seem to say anything there about the club membership. I'd hate to take them up on the offer and then find that something wasn't registered and the club membership doesn't get included after all.

If anything, I'd be interested in buying up to Chairman's Preferred since it has more useful benefit to me. I wonder if that qualifies for the Club membership too (though my guess would be no, since the email didn't say Platinum or Chairman's).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
OP: Please let us know if you get an answer on how long the status lasts...till 28Feb2011 or 28Feb2012?

I am curious to know myself.

[ETA]: My friend, a Plat, got the same offer to buy up to CP for $989.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Is there anything in the email to give the impression that the status would be good till 2012? Normally if you buy up this early in the year, it's only good till the end of the following year (2011).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Well, the status is only good until 2/2011. So I think I might have to wait until July and later when the discounted offers come that extend status until 2012. At the end of last year I could have bought CP for less than the current offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.