Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Above and Beyond Certs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Above and Beyond Certs

So, I finally got my US Membership packet for this year and have a book of Above and Beyond Certificates. Problem is, I tend to only fly Air Wisconsin flights. If I give the certs to F/A on Air Wisconsin operated flights, are they still eligible for whatever rewards that are given out?
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman, PetSmart PetPerks Elite
Originally Posted by jbird82
So, I finally got my US Membership packet for this year and have a book of Above and Beyond Certificates. Problem is, I tend to only fly Air Wisconsin flights. If I give the certs to F/A on Air Wisconsin operated flights, are they still eligible for whatever rewards that are given out?
I specifically asked that question of an AWI FA last week, and yes certs are appreciated by express FA's just as they are by those on the mainline. They are elligible for the same benefits awarded to any FA receiving certs.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vincentvan
I specifically asked that question of an AWI FA last week, and yes certs are appreciated by express FA's just as they are by those on the mainline. They are elligible for the same benefits awarded to any FA receiving certs.
Thanks ^
Old Mar 5, 2010, 11:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Do you have to fill it up or just give it blank?
Old May 14, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
Is the above and Beyond program still in effect?

ML
Old May 14, 2010, 9:44 pm

I feel pretty cheesy giving these out. Do the flight crew really get anything from these? Last year I went from Silver to Chairmans and have a bunch of these things but I never hand them out.

How is the best way to give them?
Old May 14, 2010, 10:41 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
Here's the info on the program from the company site:

Above & Beyond Program
A & B is our employee recognition program and allows our most frequent flyers (Dividend Miles’ silver, platinum, gold and Chairman’s Preferred members) to reward our employees for outstanding customer service in the air or on the ground. These customers, along with all leaders at the Manager level or above (NEW of 2008) in the company are are given an allotment of A&B coupons per year to use when they encounter exceptional service - with either an internal or external customer. They can either hand the card to the employee, or mail it to the company (see mailing details).

Cold, Hard Cash
A&B will award mainline and wholly owned express employees more than $1 million each year. And we’re not talking about five or 10 bucks at a time; employees will be eligible for prizes of up to $10,000!

Here’s how it will work: All coupons received from customers will be part of a quarterly drawing and each quarter we will award:

Ten employees with $10,000
100 employees with $1,000
250 employees with $250
Employees can only win once per quarter but we will draw in descending order. That means we will draw the $10,000 first, then the $1,000, then the $250 prize. That way you will win the highest amount possible. Employees will have to decide whether to send all of them in for one drawing (to increase their chances) or to spread them out and send a few every quarter.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:42 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
The A&B certs are meant for mainline employees as well as those that work for wholly owned express carriers PSA and Piedmont Airlines. Only those three airlines get any rewards for turning the cert in.

With that said they are still appreciated by any of the other carrier’s employees. I know at Republic/Chautauqua it goes into our HR file and then the recipient is recognized in their respective news letter. While we can’t share in the monetary rewards of the program, giving one to an express employee is always welcome.
Old May 15, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by awaflyboy
Here's the info on the program from the company site:

Above & Beyond Program
A & B is our employee recognition program and allows our most frequent flyers (Dividend Miles’ silver, platinum, gold and Chairman’s Preferred members) to reward our employees for outstanding customer service in the air or on the ground. These customers, along with all leaders at the Manager level or above (NEW of 2008) in the company are are given an allotment of A&B coupons per year to use when they encounter exceptional service - with either an internal or external customer. They can either hand the card to the employee, or mail it to the company (see mailing details).

Cold, Hard Cash
A&B will award mainline and wholly owned express employees more than $1 million each year. And we’re not talking about five or 10 bucks at a time; employees will be eligible for prizes of up to $10,000!

Here’s how it will work: All coupons received from customers will be part of a quarterly drawing and each quarter we will award:

Ten employees with $10,000
100 employees with $1,000
250 employees with $250
Employees can only win once per quarter but we will draw in descending order. That means we will draw the $10,000 first, then the $1,000, then the $250 prize. That way you will win the highest amount possible. Employees will have to decide whether to send all of them in for one drawing (to increase their chances) or to spread them out and send a few every quarter.
Last month I was a $250.00 winner. Thanks to all the folks who gave me certs.^
Old May 15, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Last month I was a $250.00 winner. Thanks to all the folks who gave me certs.^
Congrats!! I will have to give you a few next time I see you. I have stockpiled them in my desk over the years but this year I am actually carrying them with me to hand them out. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.