Wiki Posts
Search

movies on flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
movies on flight

i am traveling from JFK to PHX next week in 1st class will there be movies or TV on this flight?

when gas went crazy they took out the entertainment system to save fuel, did they install anything to keep us busy?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: US CP; Marriott G
There are no movies. The only entertainment is watching the FA read their book and NOT pass around the snack basket.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
The credit card sales pitches are sort of entertaining the first 30 or so times you hear them. Then they get old.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Shot answer: No.
Long Answer: Nooooooo.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
The windows are still there to look out of.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: USairways Gold
no movies or other entertainment on transcons

I have been having the same issue on my transcon flights. I flew DCA to PHX last week, and am heading back to PHX via BWI and I am very upset that no in flight entertainment is being offered. Is there any way we can try to change this? Any movement being undertaken to show USAir that every other airline offers some kind of IFE, and yet they continue to try and save a few bucks by not turning on the radio?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by farbs18
I have been having the same issue on my transcon flights. I flew DCA to PHX last week, and am heading back to PHX via BWI and I am very upset that no in flight entertainment is being offered. Is there any way we can try to change this? Any movement being undertaken to show USAir that every other airline offers some kind of IFE, and yet they continue to try and save a few bucks by not turning on the radio?
I think the only way they may notice is if "we" start flying those other airlines actually offer service!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
deleted

Last edited by aztimm; Feb 5, 2010 at 10:20 pm
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: AS, AA, WN
Agreed.

Even on flights with IFE (CO and UA for me) I usually end up reading my own book and listening to my iPod rather than listening/watching whatever edited content the airline is showing.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aztimm

Bring your iPod, iPhone, book, magazines, etc. I always do and never have a problem.

I have to agree, that way I know I will like the IFE
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:49 am

IFE is the new whip & buggy.
With hand held devices holding thousands of songs and movies so cheap any Airline would be foolish to spend a penny going forward on any IFE. The only exception being WiFi. People want their own entertainment not some over priced, generic, dribble.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: AS, AA, WN
I could understand wanting IFE on a flight over 6 hours, if only because personal devices might go dead after that time.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by flg8rmatt
I could understand wanting IFE on a flight over 6 hours, if only because personal devices might go dead after that time.
Or at least have power ports for transcons, as they don't have that, either. No IFE, no power. To me, that's not a good combination for long, domestic flights.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by me4yankees
Or at least have power ports for transcons, as they don't have that, either. No IFE, no power. To me, that's not a good combination for long, domestic flights.
Yea - let's start a revolt and demand in-seat power. At least just turn it back on for FC on transcons - isn't Empower still on the Airbus jets?

This used to be one of the primary reasons I sought elite status. Empower, room for a laptop and lots of mainline nonstop out of PIT = a productive combination! ...Only the memory remains. These are the same reasons I'm seeking a status match elsewhere.

Last edited by PittDoc; Feb 2, 2010 at 2:37 pm
Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: US Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG
I did FLL->PHX and PHL->SEA recently on US and the lack of IFE is just sad for such long flights. My personal laptop only gets an hour of battery life (designed for performance, not portability and necessary for work).

When I fly from FLL->LGA I always fly JetBlue, specifically for the IFE. Nothing makes the time go by like being a couch potato. Really, how can JetBlue, a "budget" carrier, offer free satellite TV at every seat and US offers "the sound of silence."

I agree that in-flight power and Wi-Fi would help considerably. Heck, I'd even pay to use the power, if US could justify it that way. On LH F to Germany, I get full 110v power, which is quite nice.

All of my grouching will be a mute point after I get an iPad and bring my own IFE, with power to spare for even the longest trasncons. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.