Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MEAL FC....Help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2009, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

MEAL FC....Help

Hey everyone! I have a FC ticket for PHL to LAS on Dec 31. It says MEAL, but does not specify lunch, dinner, etc. Do any of you have any idea what will be served. I looked on the website and it doesn't give any indication. Any help on what will be served would be most helpful. Thanks guys and gals. Sorry for not being more specific..my fault

The flight is at 3:50 PM from PHL to LAS on to SFO. It's flight 469. Any ideas? If so, what is "light meal" options. THANKS again!

Last edited by rspin401; Dec 27, 2009 at 6:04 pm
Old Dec 27, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Time of day or flight number would be helpful.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by MikeLaw
Time of day or flight number would be helpful.
My bet is that it is an after (probably) or before meal hours flight (but it is long enough to qualify as meal service if it was within those hours)

If it is a flight in these parameters it means that the light meal selection will be available if this is the case...which really is pretty good, if I say so myself (tho this is coming from someone who likes the meals on US F) and is not too "light" of a meal but rather warm and significant amount of food.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by rspin401
Do any of you have any idea what will be served. I looked on the website and it doesn't give any indication. !
It's right on the website - I'd say your flight is "late afternoon," so check out the usual choices.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...irstclass.html
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
I see that the break even point for whether there is a meal is 3.5 hours -- but my DEN-PHL flight is listed at 3h 24m and there is still a breakfast being served.

Is it based on the westbound leg (ie if you get a meal on the way out, you get one on the way back), or are there other factors that go into whether a meal is served?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:16 am

I'm pretty sure that BoingBoy once posted that they actually use mileage to determine when to serve a meal, even though the website says that they use flight duration. I know that there are a few other flights booked at under 3:30 that are served with a meal and others that are not. I think they also just do it sometimes because they think they need to do so.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: US-CP/SPG-Plat
I concur with MikeLaw - I have been on a few flights where the flight time is 3:24 and they still serve a meal. As for a flight that is out of "meal time" my experience (based upon an upcoming redeye) is that if the flight is at a time not within the parameters for meals the meal will be listed as "none" (see below).

404 10:25 PM SFO 6:11 AM CLT 4h 46m None A321 First (O) 1C
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: None
I think in this case it's because they have inflight cafe in back so serve a meal up front.

Jim
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
I think in this case it's because they have inflight cafe in back so serve a meal up front.
That may be the case, but there are many flights with inflight cafe and no meal up front. I just flew CUN-CLT over lunch in that situation.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:00 am

Sorry to dig up this old thread but I'm on a 11pm flight from LAS to BOS. It's outside meal hours, but like 6hrs long. Will I still only get the snack basket?
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Crille
Sorry to dig up this old thread but I'm on a 11pm flight from LAS to BOS. It's outside meal hours, but like 6hrs long. Will I still only get the snack basket?
Yep. That was my experience on the LAX-PHL redeye.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
What?! I just did PHX-BOS a couple of weeks ago on the red-eye and there was NO meal served!!! I'm mad now.

Yeah...I didn't read Crille's entire post. I thought it said, "Will I still get a meal?" Then saw apeortdz's reply that said, "Yep" etc. Hence my outrage. No meal service, and the damn snack basket on the redeyes has me all flustered.

Last edited by USFlyer26; Jun 17, 2010 at 12:54 pm
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by USFlyer26
What?! I just did PHX-BOS a couple of weeks ago on the red-eye and there was NO meal served!!! I'm mad now.
Umm, you better re-read the previous posts! Everyone stated your same experience -- no meals on long redeyes.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Meal on Flight..HELP

Hey everyone. I have a FC ticket for a flight tomorrow on us airways flight 650 from SFO-PHL. It leaves at 8:30 and arrives at 4:45. When I booked the flight, it said MEAL: BREAKFAST. I went to check in online and now it says MEAL: NONE. Is this really accurate? Will I still get a meal like I was supposed to? Or should I eat before I leave here. I actually like the breakfast served on FC tickets with US air. Someone help me out here and let me know what you think! THANKS EVERYONE!
Old Dec 20, 2010, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would assume the web site is incorrect. Just ask the gate agent when you get to the gate, or ask the checkin agent when you check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.