Wiki Posts
Search

ALOHA from HNL!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by flight62
Aloha and good morning from HNL!
I'm thinking of another trip to HNL next year, sounds like I should plan on checking up on your schedule by then.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Platinum

I too have flown the PHX-LIH on the 757 and would agree that it was a disappointment in FC. Everything seemed old and worn out. The FC meal was unimpressive. Wonder when US will fly A330's out of PHX to Hawaii routes?
Old Dec 26, 2009, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by shyam99
I too have flown the PHX-LIH on the 757 and would agree that it was a disappointment in FC. Everything seemed old and worn out. The FC meal was unimpressive. Wonder when US will fly A330's out of PHX to Hawaii routes?
never.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by flight62
never.
You beat me to it
Old Dec 27, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Ironically, I am also in HNL and flew in F on UA 43 on Christmas Eve from Denver. Being CP on US, after reading this trip report I am kicking myself for flying UA instead of US. But, when I booked this flight (February), US had not announced its CLT-HNL service. At any rate, let me just say that UA's lead flight attendant in F was horrible. She had laryngitis and admitted several times throughout the flight that she should have stayed home and kept apologizing for "not being myself today."

The meal choices in F consisted of a greasy Asian chicken noodle dish, which my wife ordered and literally ate two fork fulls and pushed aside or a mahi mahi dish with rice and green beans that wasn't bad, but was extremely bland. Just before arrival, they served a fruit and cheese dish which consisted of a bunch of grapes (all except two of mine were rotten or over ripened), a slice of pineapple, a slice of cantalope and a small block of swiss cheese and American cheese. That was it. There were only two beverage services on the 8 hour flight and they announced that "beverages at other times will only be served on request by ringing your flight attendant call button." There were two movies, one an Elf themed Christmas movie and the other about a three generation rock band, neither of which seemed to draw much interest in the F cabin. In between the movies, they showed a series of short videos and there was no arrival video prior to landing.

By the time we landed, my wife was echoing exactly what I was thinking..."don't book United again. They were horrible." We have been going to Hawaii for Christmas for the last 19 years and this was the first time flying UA...and, hopefully, our last. We usually fly CO or have taken US to LA or SFO and then flown Hawaiian and have always felt the Aloha spirit by the time we touched down in the islands. But, that definitely wasn't the case this time. Now that US is flying from CLT, I'll definitely consider it for next Christmas.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by romadaro
Ironically, I am also in HNL and flew in F on UA 43 on Christmas Eve from Denver. Being CP on US, after reading this trip report I am kicking myself for flying UA instead of US. But, when I booked this flight (February), US had not announced its CLT-HNL service. At any rate, let me just say that UA's lead flight attendant in F was horrible. She had laryngitis and admitted several times throughout the flight that she should have stayed home and kept apologizing for "not being myself today."

The meal choices in F consisted of a greasy Asian chicken noodle dish, which my wife ordered and literally ate two fork fulls and pushed aside or a mahi mahi dish with rice and green beans that wasn't bad, but was extremely bland. Just before arrival, they served a fruit and cheese dish which consisted of a bunch of grapes (all except two of mine were rotten or over ripened), a slice of pineapple, a slice of cantalope and a small block of swiss cheese and American cheese. That was it. There were only two beverage services on the 8 hour flight and they announced that "beverages at other times will only be served on request by ringing your flight attendant call button." There were two movies, one an Elf themed Christmas movie and the other about a three generation rock band, neither of which seemed to draw much interest in the F cabin. In between the movies, they showed a series of short videos and there was no arrival video prior to landing.

By the time we landed, my wife was echoing exactly what I was thinking..."don't book United again. They were horrible." We have been going to Hawaii for Christmas for the last 19 years and this was the first time flying UA...and, hopefully, our last. We usually fly CO or have taken US to LA or SFO and then flown Hawaiian and have always felt the Aloha spirit by the time we touched down in the islands. But, that definitely wasn't the case this time. Now that US is flying from CLT, I'll definitely consider it for next Christmas.
I flew to HNL on UA in E+ last week and was generally happy with the service that we received. However, other than E+, I saw absolutely NO difference between UA and US. In fact, I really would have preferred an exit row aisle on US for free, rather than paying for an exit row on UA.

I guess that I'm just getting used to having very little service in Y on long flights.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Back in HNL! Left on time. No stop for fuel. In pretty much OT! Woohoo!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.