Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles Expiration Date for USAirways - How do you tell?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mykle
Someone else was complaining about this the other day in another thread. US sends out the monthly email statements and it's clearly stated in the statement when the date of last travel occurred and when the miles expire. Yes, it would be nice if it was also on the web site, but it's not as if they are hiding it since it's included in every e-statement.
I had 500 miles transferred in Dec 2012. Is that good for activity? In Feb 2013, it will be 18 months from my last flight, so this was worrying for me to read.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by 2cardinalalums
I had 500 miles transferred in Dec 2012. Is that good for activity? ...
Yes, it is.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta, American Airlines, United, US Airways
If you're interested in all of your options for retaining miles, it looks like they may be available beyond 18 months of inactivity by signing up for their credit card, though that does come with a $49 annual fee:

If you haven't used your Dividend Miles account in a while, no problem. Choose one of these easy and inexpensive ways to stay active:
Account activity within the last 18 - 20 months
Earn miles with our partners (Dividend Miles StoreFront, car rentals and more)
Buy a ticket, fly on US and earn Dividend Miles**

Account activity within the last 21 - 36 months
Buy a ticket, fly in First Class or Envoy on US and earn Dividend Miles**

from http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...tayactive.html
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EP

As a data point, my partner's account hasn't had activity since November 2011. Got an email a couple weeks ago, offering to keep the account active for $9. He has more than 100 K miles. I didn't realize they would offer this, was going to share miles or some other activity. But for $9, I went for it.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by la2clt
As a data point, my partner's account hasn't had activity since November 2011. Got an email a couple weeks ago, offering to keep the account active for $9. He has more than 100 K miles. I didn't realize they would offer this, was going to share miles or some other activity. But for $9, I went for it.
For how long? Does this count as 'activity' and thus keeps it active another 18 months? Or is it a period shorter than that? I'd say $9 is a decent deal to keep 100k miles active.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EP

18 months. Showed up on your miles as activity.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:10 am

As smartphones become more capable more people are leaving laptops at home on short trips. Unfortunately, the USair mobile sight and mobile app do not provide the expiration date and the links it provides to the full site cause you to automatically be kicked back to the mobile site. Reported the glitch today. We'll see if USair fixes it. It should provide a link for full site access for mobile devices.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by cyberbiker
As smartphones become more capable more people are leaving laptops at home on short trips. Unfortunately, the USair mobile sight and mobile app do not provide the expiration date and the links it provides to the full site cause you to automatically be kicked back to the mobile site. Reported the glitch today. We'll see if USair fixes it. It should provide a link for full site access for mobile devices.
Most mobile browsers should have an option to request the desktop version of a site which temporarily spoofs the user agent so the website thinks it is dealing with a desktop browser. This would serve as a workaround for a site which is overzealous about redirecting you to the mobile page.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Evan!
You could register a credit card with Dividend Miles Dining, have one meal at a participating dining location and, voila, the clock resets on your expiration. Sometimes a participating restaurant will have a bottled-drink case, deli counter or bakery display. You wouldn't even have to "dine in" if you don't want.
Just a bump here to say that currently if you sign up, you get a 2000 mile bonus on your first meal.

You are now eligible to earn 2,000 bonus miles when you spend $30 or more on a single dine at a participating restaurant, bar or club in the next 30 days. You must also complete your post–dine review within 30 days of your dine. You can earn this bonus one time, for a total of 2,000 bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.